Sunday, September 15, 2019

Sunday Morning

I slept pretty well and got up early, around 7 I think, which seems to be my standard on my day off.  Ron was in bed, listening to TV.  I think he got up at one point for some vodka (he keeps it in the kitchen), then back to bed.  I got on the computer for a while, worked up some energy and decided to sweep/mop the floors today. 

I got my supplies and told Ron I would be cleaning, he wouldn't be able to access the kitchen or bathroom for a while "That's OK I have my urinal".  Then he thought about it.  No vodka. 

He wanted to know how long I would take.  I said I had to clean under the table, that would take more time, but the sweep/mop/dry should take no more than an hour.  He got in his wheelchair and went to the kitchen. 

I made it pretty clear I wanted to start quickly, but he took his time, I had to ask him to finish up because I wanted to get started.  "Because, with this depression, I never know how long I'll have the energy [or motivation] to do this, I want to do it while I can."  He took at least 20 minutes to have  a couple drinks of vodka. 

He apparently wanted me to beg. 

He is such a damn hypocrite because for years he always shouted at me things weren't up to his mother's standard, she was a cleaning lady and "was always cleaning".  That sounds more like she had emotional issues she covered up with activity, we all know someone who cleans when they're upset and she had a lot to be upset about. 

Anyway, one night he actually threw me out of the apartment and made me wander the streets all night, calling him to please let me back, begging (ashamed to admit) "because the house was so bad".  I will remind you I have severe depressions, was not medicated, had brain damage, etc.  Never mind his contribution to the mess. 

If he wanted to flog me verbally he could always go on the cleaning, threaten to throw me out again, etc.  It was a favorite go-to "This house is a mess, you are such a pig, etc." 

So you can see why I was pissed he "wouldn't let" me clean.  I only needed an hour tops.  It was not unreasonable. 

He finally went back to bed.  I swept the house, nice thing it is not a large house.  I made up my bucket of cleaning solution.  I use Lysol Clean and Fresh because it is safe for my cats.  Torbie had an allergic reaction to a Swiffer once but they are fine with the Lysol.  I use the lemon because Ron objects to floral fragrances. 

I had it all ready to go, literally bucket in one hand and the mop in the other "Have you started yet?" 

I said I was just starting.  "I'm going to go back to the kitchen".  We had an argument about that.  Even though he was fine in bed for hours without vodka, the thought of being parted from it for an hour had him rushing back to the kitchen.  I was pretty annoyed. 

He told me he wanted half an hour.  I told him that was unacceptable and he had 5 minutes.  He likes to court his vodka, sit there listening to his head phones, hello there, I'll have a drink, head phones again, cat treats.  "Don't mind if I do" etc.  It takes a very lengthy process. 

He had to go and chug it direct from the bottle.  He had his chance to drink before and took way longer than a reasonable person would, especially knowing there was someone trying to clean HIS house and might have a deadline on her energy level.  I told him I was waiting. 

He cursed me out and then, when he went back to bed "Yelled at God".  Loudly. 

What that is about is the same as the passive aggressive "laugh" they do when things are quiet for a while.  They laugh.  You are supposed to ask why and then they give you the cut.  I don't ask anymore.  One of my drivers tried that bullshit and almost had a seizure kept "'laughing" and looking over at me practically begging me to ask.  I just looked out the window (the driver was in a bad mood when he pulled up so I knew it wasn't "clean"). 

Anyway Ron did the laugh a few times but I never ask anymore.  So he had a "dialogue with God" where he cursed me out and complained about me, loud enough I could hear, but if I objected then it was "I'm praying don't spy on me".  So I ignored that too and he stopped.  All I got out of it someone was a megalomaniac but I don't know if it was me or God.  I just ignored him and kept mopping. 

I like the Clean and Fresh, it has a nice fragrance and gets crap off the floor.  Supposed to be disinfecting too, and best of all it does not affect the cats, which is a good thing because Spotty lay on the freshly mopped floor.  I got everything mopped, poured off the water, stored the mop and bucket (Libman wonder mop). 

I particularly wanted to get under the kitchen table, it was bad by any standard.  I plan to wait on feeding the cats until my stepmother comes over, put the bowls under the table like I do, then she can get some photos.  If it looked decent under the table.  Plus it was just yuck and sometimes I just don't think about it.   Let me clarify that statement about feeding the cats.  The morning she comes over I will not feed them until she arrives.  There. 

Speaking of the cats, Cleo was fine during all of it.  She was scared of the broom in my hand at first, but became interested as she watched me work with the broom and then the mop.  She stayed on the top of the couch, eyes bright, watching everything. 

Now that the floor is dry I can put their toys back.  Spotty peed in the box in front of me like a good boy (I cleaned the boxes early, too).  I took out some trash.  Best of all, I took my pills!  Yay me. 

I also got Ron to call in the trips for tomorrow so we don't have any drama later.  It will be a busy day.

But I get Tuesday off and should be able to do a bank run, Walmart, etc.  I even got my lavender bleach open.  It just smells like bleach, no lavender.  Not a problem for me.  I only plan to use that for cleaning/disinfecting litter boxes, floors, etc. 

I even packed most of Biscuit's bag for his overnight at the vet.  I got some dry food, a probiotic packet, a can of wet.  He needs "his" treats but I will put those in the day of. 

So I got a lot done and it isn't even 11.  Happy about that.  Ron acted like nothing had happened when I told him the floor was dry so he isn't brooding or angry at least.  And why should that matter? 

I am still going to have a good day. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ironically had you just done the cleaning without telling he probably would have just stayed in his room. He is such a wonderful person.

Heather Knits said...

After I told him I was done he went a good 5 hours before another drink. He did remark I needed to take out the recycling as he had two empty vodka bottles to go.

He tends to feel threatened when I do things he would see as making me desirable to other men. Like doing my hair/makeup (I am not into that unless I am manic and often not even then), cleaning, working out, etc... he feels threatened. If I am a frazzled, fat, messy old frump no man will want me... but if I am not then he would have to improve or risk losing me.

My theory.

Anonymous said...

Cleaning should be as important as taking cats to the vet, which you are very good at. Maybe make a routine, bathroom one day, floors one day, kitchen every day.

Anonymous said...

Did you know you don't have to drag out a bucket and get your kitchen floor soaking wet?
I use windex and it makes the floors shiny. Look it up.

Heather Knits said...

After Torbie's allergy issue I am extremely careful with cleaning products. The lemon Lysol works great and does not faze anyone.