Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Wednesday morning

If I was squeamish about nursing Mama would have cured me by now.  Cleo is nursing by my feet, it is adorable listening to the little noises, Mama purring, suckling sounds, Cleo so safe and happy.  I wonder when she'll cut them off, if ever. 

I slept pretty well but woke up with a headache.  Ron told me he pet Cleo.  I asked him how he knew "There were two little guys eating treats".  Yup, that would be Cleo.  "I looked, but didn't believe it, so I looked again".  So he met her, adorable. 

I got up pretty early.  Ron is out of vodka.  He is OK. 

I do wonder about getting Cleo to the vet tomorrow.  I will use the trap, she won't really let me near her for more than a quick pet.  I don't think I can grab her that way.  Worst case I will bring her in later. 

I was talking to Ron, asked him if he needed anything before I took my shower.  He said no.  I took my ponytail out, took off my glasses and put them in their case, got into the actual shower enclosure and closed the curtain... and the doorbell rang. 

I thought it might be a delightful surprise so I put on my yellow bathrobe, no glasses, open the door.  Two women on the porch wearing long dresses.  They asked me how I was doing.  "About to take a shower". 

They were not sorry, did not apologize or offer to come back at a more convenient time.  In fact, one said, they wanted to share a "special thought" with me.  I realized them they were JW's. 

Now I know I have had at least one reader/commenter who was a JW.  I am not attacking all of them.  But THESE were exceptionally rude.  We are not far from a "Kingdom Hall" if you have a car.  The homes run between $100K to $200K (except ours), nice median income for the residents, the kind of people they want to get in their church, hard workers, bring money. 

What I find telling is I never found anyone of any religion promoting it when I lived in the poor neighborhoods.  Not a one.  Catholics, protestants, JW, Mormon, none of them came to us.  Which is one reason I do the evangelism on the street corner so I can get a lot of people.  Now that I live in a "nice" neighborhood everyone wants my attention, and money. 

If you are an evangelist there is a huge harvest in those poor neighborhoods, the ones that are a little scary. 

I said "You are JW's and I am not interested" and went in the house.  I was NAKED IN MY BATHROBE.  It was apparent I was BUSY.  But they wanted to bother me.  Probably felt it gave them an advantage.  It did not.  My property, my rules. 

I regret buying a home with an "open" front yard setup with no fences.  If I had a high chain link fence with an aggressive dog I venture they would not bother me at all.  But I wouldn't get my packages either.  :( 

I came back in, took my shower.  Ron had to use the toilet which I always find funny - every time if he is awake, he's in there on the toilet when I'm in the shower.  He did not want to talk, so I didn't. 

He called in his vodka order.  It is coming but is proving slow.  He is annoyed.  Then we will finish the report, he says, before he starts drinking. 

I hope so. 

No comments: