Thursday, September 26, 2019

Thursday morning

Slept great, no headache.  But I reek, my hair is greasy, the bedding is in the wash, litter boxes did not get cleaned yesterday, and I woke up to find Ron drinking in the kitchen. 

Then he wanted to talk about politics.  I told him I don't care for the liberal media and was not interested.  Job numbers are excellent and I am not worried about losing the house like I was under the other guy - ask me how that affects ME and that is what I will tell you. 

Last night Ron asked me, in a very condescending way, if I had "been OK" away from him.  I said I was fine the majority of the time but I did wonder a few times if he had fallen on the floor.  He laughed.  Who would laugh at that? 

I reminded him I have found him on the floor in a pool of blood on at least 2 occasions, it was a reasonable concern.  He said next time he would leave his phone on.  But, I told him, overall it was a great time.  I did not get into how it was so nice not to have to worry about the caregiving. 

But it was and my Dad was really adamant I get a couple days off.  I did tell Ron my Dad is going to be very pissed if you f_ck this up.  And he didn't. 

Time for my shower and then I will do litter boxes.  Sheets are already in the wash, I reeked yesterday (and now, I'm sure) because I couldn't get the shower with the migraine. 

Water fountains made the most racket so I cleaned them and changed their filters after my shower.  I am waiting on my groceries and then will clean the litter boxes after I put them away.  That is pretty much all I need to do today. 

Biscuit made my night, last night, got in his box and peed LOTS so I don't have to worry about him.  They are all drinking the fresh water now.  I clean the fountains every couple of weeks per directions and change the filters.  They really enjoy their fountains. 

Tomorrow I need to focus on bringing in the winter clothes, for me that is just a couple of hoodies, Ron's coat, and then maybe wash his sweatshirts.  He wears them in the winter. 

Spotty is begging for food, I will put some down for him.  Biscuit has been "bad" about trying to eat the wrong foods so I will have to stand over it while he eats. 

I did all that, more "adult" stuff.  I saw tradesmen vans outside #10 so the other people are well and truly moved out, including that creepy guy who kept coming on our property.  Thank God.  I really didn't like him one bit. 

Ron has said to lock the door every time I leave, the "paramedics can break a window" if he really needs help when I am gone.  He would rather have the security, as it is, than easy access.  But I can ask if I can leave a key at the station. 

Or maybe I just worry too much. 

I got my Walmart delivery and realized I had forgotten the cat litter.  Curses.  Then I had to choose do I go with Chewy or Walmart again.  I went to Chewy, they were more but then they have to ship it.  And I realized they didn't have the mylar crinkle balls for cats.  Spotty found one under the couch and loves it, I would like to get him more.  So I might as well go with Walmart.  And when I placed my order they let me get delivery today.  I was impressed. 

I feel sorry for the people who have to handle it, 40 pound cases of cat litter are not fun, but I will tip the driver. 

Ron needed some help but I gave it.  I cleaned the litter boxes.  I washed my hands VERY well and started making a sandwich.  I had told Ron I got him slider buns so I could make him small sandwiches.  He asked me to make him one.  I used one slice of cheese and two slices of ham.  I didn't have mustard but he said mayo was fine. 

Now I grew up with the mayo king.  Mayo on everything and a lot of it at that.  So I like my bread SLATHERED with mayo.  Ron does not, he just likes a little smear where you can still see the pores on the bread.  So I fixed it like that and gave it to him.  He said it was "perfect", ate the whole thing. 

We talked about his calorie needs.  As near as I can tell he needs about a thousand calories a day.  And they can add up so it is important to make them quality calories.  I remember Christopher Reeve in his book said he always ate eggs every breakfast to ensure he got enough protein every day.  The sliders are a really good solution. 

I used to make him big sandwiches but he could never finish them, and then the leftovers just rotted, got stale, whatever.  So the sliders are a much better solution thank you Walmart for having them. 

I only added some cat food to my litter order, I already got a delivery today.  I would have liked something like pudding but I have drink mix, yogurt, OJ, etc.  That is plenty.  I did get some drink mix, I checked my receipt, but more often than not they are out of this brand. 

So happy they brought my Diet Dew!  That was wonderful to know they actually listened and even better did something about it. 

I wanted to take a nap by this point (my antidepressant made me a little manic this morning) but I had stripped the bed.  Well, first I had to lint brush the bed and got about 5 handfuls of cat hair off it.  Then I stripped it. 

I am using an extra flat sheet as a mattress pad so I left that on the bed, took my "good" sheets off to wash.  Torbie got on the bed even though I had taken her house, her towel, and her pillow off the bed.  Later on I came back, she was good about moving out of the way so I could make the bed.  Biscuit was naughty and ran under the sheet, so I secured it on top of him, he had fun roaming around for a while.  I let him out when he meowed.  I put a new towel, the house, and her pillow back on the bed.  I put my Bible, my pillows (2), and the top sheet and I was done. 

I took a nap and woke up with a headache, but I drank a very cold diet soda and took some aspirin.  The week leading up to my period has just been brutal with migraines and bad headaches, every month, for a while now. 

Cleo has been evading me lately.  She likes Ron but I took her to the vet, twice.  That is a hard thing to forgive.  They spayed her.  They gave her shots.  They put her in a net.  She is having a hard time with that.  I just keep telling her I love her and it is OK, pet her mother and brother around her so she sees they like my petting. 

It is going to be her decision ultimately.  We counted the money we took out Monday and we have enough for supplies, and to pay the driver.  That's good to know. 

Hopefully enough to pay me by next week.  This pay period went very fast.  Dad wouldn't let me pay for anything on our trip (but the room) so I let him. 

I may run to my bank tomorrow but I will see. 

No comments: