Friday, September 13, 2019

A saint working in a whorehouse

One thing I like about Ron: he's always open to hearing me talk about the cats.  I find that very endearing.  He will call me over when he is treating them so I can narrate the action and tell him who he is petting.  We make a pretty good pair in that. 

We had a good pickup; maybe those new drivers are taking the load off the old ones.  That would be nice... but while the rides were so bad we stayed home and spared enough money to care for the new cats.  So it worked out. 

We went to the BBQ buffet place.  We were pretty early so it was quiet.  Ron wasn't very hungry, having eaten earlier, but I got him some pineapple and fried shrimp, he was pretty happy with that, and a bite of my steak. 

My steak was bigger, and much thicker, than last time.  Tasty.  I got 2 kinds of fish (it's the only place I eat fish), macaroni and cheese, and a good amount of ham.  I got the server going about veganism.  Apparently he is a vegan working in a BBQ restaurant... that's like a saint working in a whorehouse. 

I had enough time to eat one plate of food, my steak, and some dessert.  Ron and I had fun.  Our ride home was on time and I was impressed.  It was also a straight trip.  Good to know we are getting our $400's worth (cost of his yearly pass). 

We got home and no one met us at the door :(  I did see Mama under the chair which makes me so glad I got rid of my old chair.  I would rather get a new chair than hurt anyone.  My old chair still looks pretty good so I think it will find a home vs. ending up in the dumpster.  I should probably admit I'm getting rid of it and take it out Monday, give it time to sit by the curb before trash on Wednesday. 

I am sorry to part with the chair but I cannot take a risk of hurting a cat.  4 legs on the ground only.  No rockers.  My old guys didn't have a problem but new cats, new rules.  It was utterly awful the one time I got Spotty, such a horrible cry and then Mama cat looking at me "What have you done to my baby?!"  He was OK - that time! 

Yeah, I will get rid of the chair.  I was going to wait until I got a new one but it is just better to give it up now, I will never use it in the house again. 

It was a heavy wooden framed chair, kind of heavy for the space I have.  I showed you some of the nice other chairs Ikea has so I am sure I can find something appropriate.  If I can I will just order it online and have it delivered.  That's always easiest for us. 

I fed them some dinner.  The "old" girls have been reluctant to eat over by the table so I took them a bowl over by Ron's room.  They really liked that and ate quite a bit.  Good.  They really need to be eating cat food with a little treats and not the other way around. 

Ron made the trips for tomorrow so that's all done, it will be a short day since I did all the stocking today.  I hope. 

We have Sunday off, I could run errands but it is really hard to get a ride on payday/weekend when seeking a cab, and the bus route doesn't run as often on a Sunday.  So I will likely run my errands mid-week.  So odds are I will stay home Sunday. 

It will be nice to shut off my alarm. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don’t order online from ikea they charge a ton to ship, it’s ridiculous. Amazon has free shipping on furniture items for prime members.

Heather Knits said...

Thanks for the tip...I haven't really looked on Amazon but I am a prime member. I just want something light structured/wood/rattanish that will hold me up.

Anonymous said...

I have found some really cute pieces of furniture on amazon that were fairly inexpensive compared to what I have seen in stores. Totally recommend looking there!