Thursday, September 19, 2019

Not cleanly done

I was having a pretty good day.  Not great for a lot of Houston but a pretty good one considering half of work fell in the parking lot, our income is dubious, we have "mad" bills, etc. 

Ron decided to get up and do some drinking.  He got out the treats.   These treats come in a big jar with a screw on lid. 

He gave the cats some treats, the jar was open, later on I got some treats for Cleo and her family.  He wanted me to narrate "Live PD" reruns for him which I didn't mind doing for a little bit.  I even demonstrated a clothesline for him, and his upper chest was wet with sweat and drool.  Disgusting but I didn't say anything. 

 A while later I went into the bedroom and Ron starts screaming for me.  He can't find the lid; it must be my fault. 

I told him I did nothing with it but I will help him look, his response is so savage and profane I walk away.  He continues running me down, cursing me, etc. 

I continue to tell him I never touched the lid, he responds ugly. 

Finally calms down a little, demands I "right my wrong" to to speak and find the lid for him.  I was clear I would happily help him search IF he could be civil and end the name calling.  He curses me out. 

"Look under your leg" I tell him and walk away.  We use canisters at work and he is always putting the lid under his thigh in the wheelchair.  He looked, found it, stopped in mid-curse. 

Apologized but not in a clean way.  "I'm sorry I called you a stupid fucking bitch, I just thought, my gawd what is wrong with her how could she be so stupid..." 

Not cleanly done.  Just another opportunity for abuse. 

So I didn't forgive him. 

I did tell him that is not the way to build a marriage, and over something so stupid... we had an extra container, he could have just taken the lid off of that. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that is classic, textbook abuser talk. "I'm sorry, but YOU made me act that way."

Anonymous said...

He is a f-ing asshole basically. I would have shoved the lid up his ass.

We are big live pd fans here