Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Not the whole story

Two quick things before I take a nap after work. 

1.  Cleo is letting me handle her more and more, a little startled when I do but getting comfortable with my touch.  Even allowed me to put both hands on her and curve under her belly. 

2.  I saw the woman with the union.  I told her what is going on with the driver who ran over Ron.  She got someone from HIS union had me tell my story.  I kept it short, he is bothering us ongoing.  "what do you want?"  "Please leave us alone"  She said she will speak to him and make sure he knows to leave us alone, if it continues to notify the postal police.  It is a reasonable request, we do not work in his area so it shouldn't be a big deal to avoid us.  We are really only found in the cafeteria. 

Now, if they call a meeting and he has to attend that is one thing, but he doesn't have to seek us out and ask how Ron is doing. 

The first woman said "He feels guilty".  "He should, he did a lot of damage and changed our lives forever".  I said it is akin to a rapist dropping by to visit, her eyes bugged out at that. 

But I have made my request and don't have to feel like a [censored] victim now. 

Ron was doing the stoic "It's not a big deal" thing during my talk with the union but later agreed it is very upsetting. 

"And" I told him as I pushed him out of the building "He doesn't even know half of the damage he did to you". 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are finally sticking up for yourself.