Friday, September 27, 2019

A few tidbits

Mama cat does not like Eminem.  She moved when he came on Youtube. 

Speaking of Mommy, I had a very good time earlier.  Many years ago when I had Bubba I used to feed him a sliced, cooked, chicken breast I could buy in a big orange bag at Walmart.  I took it out, warmed it a few seconds, and fed it.  He loved it.  I got some in my last grocery order (a big bag) because I always liked the chicken myself and I thought the cats might, too.  None of my current gang have had this. 

Sure enough they showed up, Mama and both "kittens" if you can call a 75% grown cat a "kitten" any more.  Mama was begging, so were the kittens.  I fed Mama a bite, Cleo swooped in - Mama let her steal it.  Mama is a really easy to love cat.  She will always let the kittens eat first.  Once they had staggered off, I fed her some, and she loved it.  I feel a lot better about feeding her plain cooked chicken than the sliced deli meats.  Very glad I got it and glad I can get more.  I think a little real meat will be a good supplement to their diet. 

Speaking of food, I made the chicken sandwiches with the sliced, cooked, chicken meat.  I made Ron a slider with ranch dressing, sharp cheddar, and some chicken.  I made myself a sliced bread version of the same.  I had it with a glass of milk, pretty good with my pills. 

I cleaned the litter box after I finished eating.  Well, all of them.  Tomorrow is going to be pretty rough at work but it's just getting used to the new operations at work. 

I don't know if I mentioned it but Cleo had let me pet her a few times (she ran off, but she let me touch her) before she had some chicken, and she was coming right up to my feet for that.  I believe that would be her "Jackpot treat" Jackson Galaxy talks about and I plan to use that to advantage.  She's a good cat, I hope she loves me one day. 

The others were much easier: I got them inside, spoil them, cater to their every need so I must be awesome.  Cleo is a little harder sell. 

No comments: