Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Two phone calls

Ron grew up with 2 other boys in a class for blind students.  One of them calls Ron periodically: is a born again and tells Ron how he should live his life.  Ron does not ask for the feedback. 

The other moved off to another state a while back.  Both of the other men are divorced.  In both cases the wife left them, one for another man.  The born-again one really likes what I did for Ron and will not hear a word against me.  Ron says he is my next husband - no thanks! 

If Ron goes I plan to be single for a LONG time.  Meet someone at church or a cat rescue. 

Anyway, the one who moved out of state left Ron a very odd voicemail requesting an urgent callback.  Ron called him today and the man said he had a dream that he was in a building with Ron and a lot of people were waiting to meet him.  I believe he felt, on some level, Ron was about to die. 

I told Ron this.  "Oh, I hope so" he said passionately.  He is just not happy on Earth and this is one thing I will make clear at his service when he does go.  So that was the first one. 

The second one was a guy who has helped us off and on, more when he had the pickup truck.  The pickup truck died and he would help us with his small SUV, but always had a lot of junk in the back making it difficult to load anything.  I was kind of done with him after he came to pick me and 3 cats up to go to the vet, had a case of water (bad radiator, I totally got that), a box of trash, etc. in the back compartment where he wanted me to put the cats.  And then got an attitude when I said I would have to put one cat in the (less safe) back seat.  So I figured, you don't want to help but won't say it.  I hear what you are really saying, and I didn't call him any more.  And I was paying him $40 a trip - $80 for the cat trip because he had to wait about an hour at the vet. 

Arturo and Alex have been fine for vet visits and I have Walmart delivery.  The only time I might possibly need help is when I get my new chair but I am certain I can pay someone to deliver it, or get a smallish box I can assemble myself at home. 

Ron called him once for an emergency ride to the cell phone store (him) and he told us some sexual exploit details I did not want to hear.  Ever.  But he was loud enough "talking to Ron" (who didn't want to hear it, either) that I heard it and I believe that was the intent. 

One thing about Ron, overall he is very discreet about what we do.  I appreciate that and return the favor.  You don't know what we like, don't like, what times we like, what we do before and after, any of that because it is our business.  And I think anyone having sex should do that.  They are trusting you. 

It is only fair to respect that.  So, he called.  "He is without a vehicle".  Maybe God will teach you to respect women now.  He won't get a bank account - I had a problem with one bank and they closed my account, but I went to a localish bank and they were able to give me a great checking account for less than $20 a month, very reasonable, debit card, had to pay for checks but checks, etc.  He won't do that "Because I'll just get overdrawn". 

Ron has multiple brain things going on and he watches his account?  This guy seems fine mentally except for how he treats women and poor money management?  So not sure about that. 

But if he got a ride to the bank he could set up an account with auto deposits even, get a debit card and a cheap smart phone, get Ubers.  He loved Ubers the last time his truck went down.  The mechanic, rather than give him a loaner, arranged for Ubers and he felt very deluxe.  That is something he could absolutely do.  He is also way out in the boonies spending most of his money renting a huge house he doesn't need. 

He has a dog, I get that, but you can rent an apartment or small house in a basic area for cheap.  He is not a woman or overtly disabled so he shouldn't have safety issues in most areas.  But he has always had the attitude he deserves the best of everything and has wasted a lot of money on lifestyle.  If I were him I would cut the rent in half, get a ground floor apartment, with some area for the dog to run.  Get something on a bus line so he can get paratransit (they only run in the areas that have bus routes, one important reason we HAD to get a house on a bus line) when the time comes, take the money he is saving, say $1K, take $200 for fun money and the rest into savings... but he won't hear it. 

So I don't feel sorry for him.  And Ron stopped "loaning" him money because it took an act of God to get paid back.  One memorable time he called us from a steakhouse, being 2 weeks late paying us back money we needed to make our sales tax payment.  That was when we ended the "loans" and he couldn't argue.  We pay for rides, that is all he gets, but he has lost that even before his truck died because I am just not willing to ride around with a guy who abuses and exploits women.  Both Arturo and Alex are married.  They respect their wives. 

So they get the prize. 

No comments: