Monday, September 30, 2019

Monday

I debated for a while, video blog or written.  I opted for written. 

The morning was OK, very busy at work, we had to suspend our ride home.  We picked it up again a few hours later.  You can only do that a few times a month. 

It was pretty uneventful.  Some girls came to me and complained "the machine took my money".  One thing I learned pretty early on in my use of vending machines: put one coin, listen, did it go to the mech?  Is it showing a credit?  OK, let's put the rest of the money. 

They didn't do that.  That's OK.  But they failed to check the coin return.  Their money was sitting there waiting for them.  I got them their stuff but they were a lot more upset than they needed to be.  But one time I had a person put 5 pennies in a machine, thinking that would work for a credit. 

Check the coin return!  They also failed to read the instructions on the machine "For price, press selection number".  I had to demonstrate (nicely!).  Yeah, shouldn't make a video blog saying that, it might get back. 

When I left everything was working.  And I had filled it to my ability. 

It is really striking to see the damage at work.  It is just really bad.  I can put up an image - well, a link to a news site.  https://abc13.com/weather/post-office-building-roof-collapses-in-northeast-houston/5552665/

Every time I see the damage I just shake my head in disbelief.  But I can't photograph. 

We had a pretty good ride home, we had to pick up a human ashtray who reeked of tobacco smoke.  It was just horrible. 

We got home, I took a nap after feeding the cats.  Ron said he could get into bed on his own, but fell.  [sigh]  It wasn't bad but I think he scraped his knee.  All I know, later when I went to help him into bed I put my hand on his leg and blood all over me.  It was a bad scrape. 

He made a joke about blood borne diseases.  I cleaned him up and put a tough strip on him.  He is having a bad night for his back.  I washed the blood off my hands (what an odd sensation) and made him something to eat, he wanted a slider.  He loves his sliders.  I think the chicken ranch cheddar ones are his favorite. 

Slider bun
Ranch dressing, spread on bun
Cooked chicken
1 slice sharp cheddar, broken in half. 
Place cheese on each side of the bun, spread chicken.  Close and serve. 

I plan to get some precooked bacon.  That will make it even better.  So he was happy and got some protein and calcium.  At least 15 grams of protein. 

He seems to be doing better now. 

The cats are good, Cleo rubbed against my leg earlier.  Biscuit and Torbie slept with me last night, it's a good thing I have a queen bed.  Mama got annoyed when I gave Biscuit a lick of my cheese stick but did not give her one.  She doesn't like cheese! 

I got my Walmart delivery sometime in there and the Simple Green cleaning wipes do a great job on the fingermarks.  I got a lot of them off.  I will save the rest for when I get manic again. 

Running depressed today but did a fair amount considering.  We need to run some errands tomorrow but then we are done.  We get up very early Wednesday for our soda delivery. 

I need to make some dinner and take my pills.  Good, Ron is laughing now at the TV. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe there is a connection between his drinking and back pain, aside from the accident.
Look it up. His kidneys perhaps?

Anonymous said...

My dad was an alcoholic, his back used to kill him. He got bad news about his kidneys but he wouldn't elaborate other than to say he "wasn't happy".

Heather Knits said...

He pees OK? Blood tests are good except for anemia?

I think it may have to do with vitamin b12 deficiency more than anything else, it can affect the spinal cord. But he refuses all offers of assistance.