Thursday, August 1, 2019

Another don't read me if your eating or squeamish post

The sales man was right.  Cat food makes a big difference in litter box odor. 

The time I was told that was in the 90's, the man was trying to get me to Nutro.  Mr Gray had proven resistant to Science Diet for his bladder condition (Biscuit is my 3rd cat with this), I didn't want him on Friskies, so I went to the pet food store. 

The sales man swore I would have less odor.  So I bought it and he didn't eat much, and the odor was just as bad.  I put pet food sales men in the "anything for a buck" category and forgot all about it. 

You may know I switched Biscuit to Royal Canin, from Blue, when I found out he had urinary tract disease.  The acronym for that is horrific.  I will say "Bladder stones".  Anyway, I put him on the bladder stone diet from RC and it worked great, no stones.  He is happy, healthy, his fur feels better, plenty of energy, super cuddly, and a very good appetite for his food.  Glad I did it. 

I was so impressed I took my other 2 off Blue and put them on Royal Canin.  Torbie got the senior formula, Baby Girl got the "middle aged" (7 +) formula. 

I got a bag of Meow Mix kitten when the strays showed up.  I was concerned with getting something tasty without a big commitment.  I wasn't ready for that.  So I have been feeding that, to them outside. 

I brought them in the house this week and I can ALWAYS tell when they use the litter box.  I had forgotten the stench of cat sh*t.  My guys have very small stools with no odor, because they're on Royal Canin.  The cats on the cheap food are passing large turds with a horrible stench. 

You can bet I will be buying some Royal Canin when I get the money.  I can hardly wait to get Spot and Mama cat on appropriate formulas. 

Whew!  Can't forget to clean THAT litter box! 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again no mention of Cleo it is like you have already written her off in your mind. Very very sad.

Anonymous said...

Prove to me you are not a victim and just call about the bank door. It may change your life.

Heather Knits said...

See, that, there, you are doing the thing, trying to manipulate me. Start with a "cut" and then tell me I can be OK in your view if I do your bidding.

It didn't work for Ron the times he tried it and it won't work for you.

I really don't care what "anonymous on the internet" thinks. At least Heidi and others use their real name.

Not a peep about how I walked miles in the heat to get the right cat food today. [crickets] But I didn't expect anything different.

Anonymous said...

You could have had it delivered with chewy. No walking. No heat and no potential stalkers. And you said you would call the bank. I am just trying to get you to actually follow through on one thing since you back track on everything you say.

Heather Knits said...

I did not post it because it said mean things about my readers.

If you didn't read the update, tests came back clean and no parasites for anyone.

Heather Knits said...

I would rather be the person to get the cat food!

I had to make a deposit because I use my debit card online and my account was DRY. Since I was out anyway, and did not want to wait 2 days, I went by the pet store as well. It wasn't far out of the way as Houston goes.

Everyone loves the Royal Canin kitten formula, Momma cat, Spot, and the old guard who should know better. I do chase Biscuit off, though. I am glad I went out of my way to get it. The stool odor issue is much better now that I am transitioning them off the junk food onto something quality. Definitely worth the trouble.

I will do a whole blog just about the bank since it has everyone heated. Interesting no one got this upset on my behalf when the #6 kids were cornering, screaming at, and throwing heavy objects at my cats? Or when they were having wild parties keeping me up half the night?

But I can't open the left side door at the bank and everyone loses it.

Anonymous said...

Yes your neighbors suck but nothing a call to ice wont take care of. If you have neighbors doing those things call the police or get a video camera so you can document everything and have proof. The bank thing was something really easy to fix with a simple phone call which you refuse to make. It was a simple solution to an ongoing issue that seemed to really upset you.

Heather Knits said...

A camera is a good idea, after I pay for an annual transit pass and three spay/neuter surgeries! LOL

From my understanding ICE won't deport if they have anchor children "ripping families apart" and sobbing toddlers being ripped from mothers arms makes for very bad press. Plus I think the mother is the only one keeping them somewhat human. I would hate to see the little monsters running wild without her influence.

The bank thing is Ron's issue - I will accede to him on that. I like to see him as head of household when possible.

Anonymous said...

Laughable that you see a slobbering drunk who wastes money over tipping cab drivers as the head of the household. Perhaps there lies the problem. When your hand gets crushed or pinched by the broken door maybe then you will do something. You and Ron make great victims and feed off each others victim state of mind. And a security camera is not expensive. Less than 40.00 and cheaper than Ron's mini fridge or all your exercise equipment.

Heather Knits said...

I will talk to our computer guy about setting something up once I get Mama fixed at least. I don't do well on ladders (have never been in my attic). It would be great to document the kids trespassing and tormenting the cat so I can show it to the police and file charges - or at the very least have them give a very memorable lecture.

My last kettlebell cost $25, and way cheaper than gym membership or cab to/from gym.