Monday, August 5, 2019

Meows!

I had skipped a few workouts due to bad headaches/migraines. 

It was nice to get back to it today.  I had Mama cat and Spot in the garage with me.  Spot's face was priceless, when I started doing my get-ups. 

After the workout I took off my headband and went out to check on Cleo.  She was on the porch.  I went back in the house, dished up a bowl of food, and went back out.  She meowed a few times - that is a very social thing to do!  Cats like to meow for food from their human! 

It got even better.  She ate next to me, only got scared 2 times, and ran off, only to come back.  She finished up and walked off.  I got up and looked back at her.  She gave me a meow.  I was shocked.  Then she gave me another meow and ran off. 

She is making really good progress and I am very proud of her.  Very seldom will a cat meow at me after they have eaten.  So that's great. 

I am very happy.  Of course now I have to be the food police and lock up all the food so Mama doesn't eat anything before her surgery. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How’s the search for a home for the foster cats going?

Heather Knits said...

Haven't met anyone Ron and I consider qualified. I believe they call this situation a "foster fail" where the foster adopts the cat.

Anonymous said...

It has not even been a month. I really don't think you tried all that hard to find families for the cats. Not that I blame you as I don't trust anyone either and know that I would be the best person to care for the cats if I was in your situation. Especially the kittens whom many people just dump when it becomes inconvenient to care for them. So it looks like you now will have 5 - 6 cats rather than the 3 cats. That is a lot of cats. It is sad we can't help them all but you could have 100 cats and it would not stop cats from being dumped, abandoned, etc. People are the cause for ALL the misery animals suffer. Both domestic and farm animals. Though less animals are killed in the USA each year thanks to efforts by rescues and spay and neuter education BUT we still have a long way to go as some morons in our society refuse to get the message and won't do their part.

Heather Knits said...

A couple of things fed my decision:
1. Vet says no one wants adult cats, Mama is 1 year or so. She is just dainty.
2. Many, many, people have told me "I love kittens, but I don't like adult cats". That's not acceptable.
3. I don't really know any experienced cat people save my vet and she has 2 shop cats already.
4. Local shelter is high kill, rescues are overrun, very poor odds of adopting that way. Again, Mama is a less desirable older cat.
5. Spot and his sister are/were ferals. Feral rescue site said NEVER adopt a rehabbed feral to a family with children as they will terrorize it. Not advised at all. My aunt might have taken one but she has grandchildren over all the time - they are very kind and loving kids but they are kids so a bad idea.

That's pretty much when I realized I was keeping them. But they are all getting fixed (Mama is undergoing right now) and no more. This way I know 100% a loving home, other cats (Spot has made friends with everyone), we are home a lot as well. I clean the boxes 2x a day. Water fountains, plenty of food,and vet care. Not a bad life.