Saturday, August 17, 2019

The rest of Saturday

I feel like Mama cat and Spot are healing a lot of raw spots in my soul, filed under "mother".  She lets him eat first, every time, she grooms him, she nurses him - did tonight in fact.  Even with her uterus ripped out and sewn back together, still nursing him.  It warms my soul. 

As you know, Cleo likes to hang out on my front porch.  That has led to the #6 kids terrorizing her.  Last night a teenage boy walking his dog released the leash so it could go after her.  It was done deliberately, once she ran off he called the dog back. 

He was laughing. 

That clinched it for me.  She hid most of the day but was around at about 6, when I went out to check the mail.  Cleo was on the porch meowing at me.  I went back in the house and got her dry food.  I went out back, much to her displeasure.  I have a large back yard (about 4K square feet) and plenty of room for a kitten to eat.  I found a likely spot and set her up, it is clear all around so she can see trouble coming.  She followed me to the gate and scolded me with progressively louder meows.  She wanted her food.  On the porch.  I kept telling her it was safer out back and encouraging her to come and eat.  She didn't. 

I finally decided, OK, going to have to get the big guns.  I'm going to get the wet food.  So I got a small foam plate (I call them cat plates, Walmart calls them snack plates) and a can of food.  She was waiting on the front porch, very annoyed I went around to the back again.  I put down the wet food right next to the dry.  She watched me.  We had a standoff.  I stood out there coaxing her and she meowed with annoyance.  I finally went back around the house (the back door is blocked by the catio), and she followed me, went under the chair, meowing very loudly. 

I am a bad slave, she said.  She is very unhappy with the service.  She wants to see my manager. 

Up to this point she has been rather shy, but she is proving very stubborn.  I went in the house.  Spotty meowed at me.  I could hear Cleo meowing, she was that loud.  Eventually she will go out back and eat her food.  She has wet and dry.  Good thing I ordered lots more cans. 

Next: I needed a new bra.  I have been unhappy with the current ones and wanted something cheap and comfortable, that was also pretty.  I thought about it for a while, I figured out my favorite brand.  OK.  I can wear "my" size in this brand across several different styles, so I know it is safe to order my size.  I will get something that fits.  Sometimes when I try on a different brand in the store it is just not fitting me.  I thought about what style worked best for me, every day, at work.  I went and looked for that style and brand on Walmart.com.  I found it.  They had different, pretty, colors, in a 2 pack, for less than $20.  Even better.  I ordered it, it arrives Monday. 

If this works that will be pretty painless, because I tell you I do NOT want to go to Walmart on a Sunday trying to find my oddball size.  I just don't. 

Plus I hate trying on the bras.  It is always awkward and embarrassing and I feel like some sort of freak.  I am somewhat larger than average but not huge.  So it can be a little difficult.  It is the antipsychotic; they increase breast size in women.  The side effect they never tell you about.  Doc says he has patients cry when they are taken off of them.  I went up 2 sizes on this stuff.  I assume I would go back down if I stopped but delusions really suck, and hallucinations.  I will just hunt for my bra size, which occasionally I do find sitting out on a rack at Walmart. 

So that's done.  Tomorrow I need to call and make a reservation at the hotel in Galveston.  I will be spending one night there next month when my parents come to visit.  I am trying to decide if I need to board Biscuit.  I could go either way on that.  It might be good practice or the month after, when I am boarding him for 3 days.  I'll pray about it. 

Anyway, that's all that needs to happen tomorrow, make the reservation for next month.  And get my Walmart delivery (lots of cat food, and food for Ron, also cat litter).  Ideally get in a workout but I am trying not to flog myself being depressed.  I know the workout will help with depression, it's just getting up the juice to do it.  And maybe do some cleaning and organizing. 

We'll see. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Cleo makes it inside before she is hurt or killed. Anyone who can intentionally hurt an animal that is not hurting them has no soul and the world would be better if we could sterilize them or purge them from society.

Heather Knits said...

Is it just my area? Or are there a bunch of sick little MF'ers running around these days? I never would have thought it was "funny" or "cool" to torture a kitten. I would have wanted to pet her.

Glad I am feeding her out back now, a 6 foot high wooden fence all around should keep her pretty safe. And our gate is really hard to open.