Saturday, August 17, 2019

Saturday

I slept OK last night but woke up depressed.  I took my shower and got Ron dressed, give me a medal.  It's hard to do anything when I cycle down.  I did load my Walmart order and decided to add some items to my delivery for tomorrow. 

My poor driver.  A case of water.  A 40 pound case of litter.  Innumerable cans of cat food.  I did drink a protein shake and take my pills - yay me - before we left. 

We arrived in a timely manner.   I did our shopping.  It wasn't much.  We didn't even need bottled water.  Jack came, took us to work. 

I got everything inside (again, not much) and we stocked (not much).  We finished up and came home.  We had a little bit of a scenic route but we made it. 

I got Ron in the house.  Mama and Spot greeted us at the door, it is so nice to see a smiling feline face when I open the door.  I got them fed, noted Biscuit was eating his prescription food (he hates turkey so Mama & company get a lot of it). 

I also noticed someone - almost - made it to the litter box.  Poor baby.  I don't know who but cats are so PROUD.   Whoever it was must have been mortified.  But, like I told Ron, that's why I have disinfecting wipes.  A couple of swipes and it never happened. 

I ate a snack and took a nap, slept a few hours = depression.  I got up, had a mild headache.  Ron and I decided to add somethings to the order.  I read him all the TV dinners they had and he picked out likely-sounding choices.  I know what he likes so I had a pretty good idea, too. 

He got some food, really happy about that.  He gets so depressed he doesn't want to eat - been there.  But he has to.  I added some laundry detergent and a plug in.  Chocolate for the doctor on Monday.  It is so true, if you love a physically damaged person your full time job is going to be taking them to the doctor. 

I spent another $20, not bad, not manic either.  Ron was happy.  He played with Spotty for a while - got the photo - and then spent some time petting Mama and talking to her.  When he got back to bed (he is my bedbug) he spent time with Torbie and Baby Girl.  He also hung out with Biscuit.  Ron is equal opportunity. 

I did some organizing.  I decided to rotate my bottled water and put the old stuff on top of the newer offerings.  That worked well until I heard the crash, it had fallen over and knocked the water bowl sideways.  The water bowl holds almost a gallon and I have slippery tile floors.  I thanked GOD Ron was not walking around. 

I mopped up the water and sorted out the mess.  One case of bottled water went into the garage for workouts.  3 bottles of water went into the angry-sounding automatic water fountain, which then switched to a pleasing hum as it cycled the water I'd given. 

Spotty hung out under the couch, watching the show.  I got a fair amount done in the bedroom and hauled off the trash.  I also cleaned the litter boxes.  I fed Mama and Spotty.  They like turkey flavors as I mentioned, hopefully a whole case of poultry favorites will be coming tomorrow. 

I plan to give her another week on just canned and then start adding dry to their diets.  It is easier to manage multiple bowls of dry.  Everyone has their own bowl, too. 

I was pretty happy I got a fair amount done in spite of the depression.  And Ron was actually hungry and asked for food, I talked him into a sausage egg and cheese biscuit.  He likes those and plenty of protein.  He was happy eating it and very little mess.  The filling is baked inside the biscuit, so it's all bread on the outside.  Once you bite it you get the filling.  Kind of like a truffle.  I used to love those, back when I ate chocolate.  Dark chocolate, please! 

Not now, they'd put me flat for a week like last October.  Miserable!  NO chocolate ever now. 

So he's good.  I am not sure what I'm doing for dinner.  Probably a pepperoni lean pocket.  I like those, they aren't greasy. 

And of course the weekly phone call to Mom and Dad in an hour.  I'm really happy I got Ron interested in eating - he maintains his weight but I would like him to enjoy what he eats.  He asked for a lot of food so we will be set for a while.  He doesn't want to go out as much - which is good, it will save us money - and he has a nice assortment of interesting items. 

I have a pretty good selection myself.  That is really important for days I'm depressed and I need to eat but don't know what.  I did buy another 12 count case of protein shakes today at the store. 

That's it for now.  I hope you're having a good weekend. 

No comments: