Friday, August 2, 2019

About the bank

As you know, I was pretty upset when the bank's door was broken (from what I can tell someone tried to pry it open with a crowbar).  Ron was upset, too  We complained, they made excuses.  This went on for weeks. 

Somewhere in it Ron and I turned a corner and simply stopped caring.  Either I go through backwards or someone helps us.  It is interesting to see who does and does not help.  Young mexicans/"spanish" of either sex refuse to help.  So to the older ones.  Middle aged with occasionally help.  Security guard is almost always gossiping, texting on a cell phone, or generally shirking his duties and does not help. 

Ron got annoyed that he did try to call, but the office was closed.  I have asked him, since them, if he would like to call.  He said no.  I asked if he would like ME to call.  He said no. 

OK, I can respect that. 

One important tenet of our marriage is respecting what Ron wants done.  By that, I mean, say I see him struggling to put his shoes on.  "Do you want help?"  "No" [continues struggling, I walk out of the room].  It is not the easy thing to do, the easy thing is to take it away from him and do it myself, but it is not the RIGHT thing.  The right thing is to respect what Ron wants to do for himself. 

In this case, Ron wants nothing done.  So I will respect that.  To those who told me it affects me to, you are right.  But I am seeing it more as a hidden camera test for passers-by.  "Which one of the people, walking by, will help?  If any?"  And the unlikely one generally does.  Today a very obese middle aged white guy came running over to get the door for Ron, and was genuinely embarrassed when we both thanked him. 

Ron does not tell me how to manage my illness, and I return the favor.  "Unwanted help is harm" is one of our mottos. 

That's where we are right now. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It’s so cool that you and Ron have your very own bank and no other customers that need to be concerned with.

Anonymous said...

Ridiculous Ron is just playing the victim again and a complaint needs to be made about the security guard texting and using phone. Not doing their job. Just give me the branch name and I will take care of it all for you.

Heather Knits said...

We have reported various security guards for texting. If the manager wants to have a half ass, loser, branch that is his business.

Other customers are ALSO adults. They will, however, need the SPANISH complaint line as Ron and I are about the only customers who speak English.

Anonymous said...

Why don't you just use the credit union in the building where you work? On site security, no additional travel arrangements, more frequent deposits with smaller stacks of bills. Just curious.

Heather Knits said...

That's a very good question about the credit union. They said they don't want our business! Their safe is very small and they don't have room for the $1 hundred packs. They can take some room so I get that.

We thought it was a great idea too but nope. Plus Ron has his accounts linked (personal and business) so he can make a transfer over the phone.

They really pinched the credit union in the remodel, cutting off quite a bit of their space and giving it to the postal inspectors.