Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Wednesday morning

I slept OK, just worried about Mama.  I got up pretty early. 

Biscuit has apparently taught Spot that begging time begins after I get up and put on my glasses.  Good boys.  I checked on Mama, she looked good.  She actually came in for breakfast, which gave me a good opportunity to give her the pain medicine and a can of wet food. 

I grabbed her, dosed her, and then gave her the food.  She ate heartily.  I went out in the garage to see her nest.  She had knocked her water bowl over into the kitten food.  I had to clean that up.  I noted someone had used the litter box I'd put out there so I cleaned that, too. 

Torbie growled at Spot at one point.  Mama came in and proudly licked at her stitches.  I freaked out and got her to stop.  Odds are very high I am going to get her a cone today.  I just hope we don't have to redo the stitches.  That won't be cheap. 

But she is a good cat and deserves better than she has gotten from humans, in the past.  She was obviously someone's pet before she got pregnant, probably one of those butthead "I only like kittens" people.  Once she got a little older and went into the heat it was out in the street.  I am just glad she found us. 

So I don't mind going to get her cone and maybe stitches redone, if that's what it takes.  I just want her healthy and happy. 

I got on the computer for a little bit.  Ron got very drunk and then went to bed.  I can't talk about the next part, but it ended with Ron falling into the bathtub.  It looked horrible but he says he is fine and is washing up.  A little overdue but he's in there.  He likes to slide around a lot so I had to take out my anti slip mat. 

He was very angry at one point, shouting curses at God.  I told him I was asking him to stop, he said I couldn't control him.  I reminded him I am the only one helping him, and nothing said I "had" to help him.   Meaning, I could walk away.  So he stopped. 

I need more disinfecting wipes.  But the cats are good, Spotty is meowing right now, very cute.  Biscuit just came in the computer room and said Hello, got some petting.  They are all such good cats. 

I got Ron back to bed, he bumped his head into Torbie, laying in the bed, but she didn't mind.  She is a very easygoing cat. 

Now I need to take a shower and get Mama cat her cone.  I don't care about the money (much) but I hope she didn't do any damage. 

Later on Ron wants to work on the accounting report. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any Cleo sightings?

Anonymous said...

Why didn't the vet give you a cone with the surgery?

Heather Knits said...

No Cleo this morning, between garbage pickup and the yard guy next door...

Mama cat is hiding as well.

I have had five female cats spayed before Mama, minimum (bad headache today so hard to focus). Not one of them needed a cone. The females, according to vet tech, are very good about not picking. Until Mama.

Ron felt bad about her in the cone and called the vet while I was napping, they said she had to have it now. I said this already but if anyone has surgery for any reason they are getting a cone now (except Ron). And I'm having the vet put it on, that was a pretty awful process for both me and Mama.