Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Not naming names.

I spoke to one cab driver yesterday who is cat friendly, talked to him about helping me get Cleo today.  He said he could, to call.  But he tends to run late, and the vet wants me to come right before closing.  I don't want poor Cleo stuck in a kennel tonight.   Or worse, the staff waiting on me. 

So I called Arturo (I will name him) instead.  We made an appointment, he will be here.  I will go liberate Cleo. 

I think that is a good solution.  When I called the first guy to say this I went to voicemail so that really confirmed it. 

About my day: got up at 2, shower, got Ron ready, went to work.  Helped him stock, did my stocking, got the delivery, called Arturo, went home. 

Ron and I had talked about going to get some breakfast tacos but decided we were too tired.  The vet called, had some questions. 

Did I want to ear-tip? 

I just hate the idea.  I asked Ron, he said no.  We plan to keep Cleo indoors.  So we said no. 

Vet did the procedure, called us back, it went great but she is out pretty hard so pick her up at 5.  We can do that. 

Ron drank some, listened to his radio, and went to bed.  Like his Dad, Ron loves to have background noise of a TV or radio when he sleeps.  Happily, unlike his Dad, he uses headphones.  Does anyone you know do this or is he a freak?   I am so glad he has his own bedroom. 

I laid down for a nap but didn't sleep well.  I got up about an hour ago.  I still have a couple of hours before my ride. 

I did decide that a steel mesh cage would not be cozy for Cleo after her spay, so I am bringing a soft carrier.  They can put her in the soft carrier and then I can carry the trap separate. 

The staff did mention they are "using the gloves" to handle her.  I will have to ask where to get the gloves even though I believe Cleo can become a typical housecat.  Sleek and plump, demanding a second can of food because she ate all the gravy off the first one.  :)  I look forward to it. 

I just hope they glued her rather than stitches, but the vet did not say anything about pregnancy so I got her in time.  Yay, Heather!  I will also have to ask her age.  I am guessing around 4 months but I could be wrong. 

I am not a kitten expert. 

Mama cat is stretched out by my feet, purring, after a late lunch of dry food and some petting.  She looks very happy. 

I am glad I got the little family off the street, safe and protected.  Loved.  Ron is such a softheart, he said he can't wait to sit in his wheelchair in the kitchen, giving Cleo treats.  Wary cats like Ron because he is blind and they can approach him on their own terms.  If they don't touch him he doesn't know they're there.  And they love that. 

Spot had been pretty skittish about a month ago, before I brought him in.  It took him about 2 days before he was rubbing against Ron, purring, showing his belly, and eating endless treats.  Ron adores Spot, Mama, and says he already loves Cleo.  She is pretty cute, so timid but wanting to believe in us, that we really are safe and will take care of her. 

She probably isn't feeling THAT right now after her surgery but I will give her Mama back and her brother.  That seems a pretty good tradeoff for a uterus. 

I got some pictures of Cleo in her trap yesterday, but they are very blurry.  My family is a paradox, very artistic, tons of professional grade photographers, and very analytical (attorneys, a judge, engineers, etc.)  I didn't get either.  I have some word talent, enjoyed some crafts.  I will try to get some more shots today. 

OMG can you imagine knitting with SIX CATS and two kittens in the house?  That is never going to happen now.  Medication has taken a lot from me, including my hobbies.  I have a hard time even reading now. 

But I do a decent job rescuing cats. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope Cleo's introduction into the household goes as smoothly as it did with Momma and Spotty. She must be pretty upset about being kidnapped and taken to the vet. Poor little Cleo.

Yes there are many people who need to sleep with background noise. I can't. I have to have complete silence and darkness to sleep (with the exception of moonlight). Ironically I can take a nap in the day time with the TV on but at night I can't. I am just weird that way I guess. I had 2 roomates in college and one always turned on a little lamp to "study" before bed. Which meant 2 minutes into studying she was asleep. I would have to pull the lamp up from the top bunk and turn off the light otherwise I would be up all night.