Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Walmart or the "Ron's drunk" show?

Not even 10.  Done a lot today. 

I slept OK, mild headache when I got up.  But I had cold caffeine in the fridge. 

I got Ron's credit card and talked to him the minute I could.  We had to make the hotel reservations for the conference. 

One year we were slow to do it and they ran out of rooms, but Ron got sick anyway so we couldn't go. 

Already this week I have paid the electric bill, paid the water bill twice, and now this.  At first it was very complicated and they kept showing the $190 room.  I didn't want that.  I finally figured out how to do the group code and posted that, clicked update.  NOW I had my room rates. 

I had 3 choices.  King (Ron hates a king), two doubles smoking, and two doubles accessible no smoking.  Ron hates smoke, it was an easy call.  Even if all the rooms had been nonsmoking though I would have done the accessible because, duh, he's crippled. 

Finally got all that done, payment info entered and confirmation email and text.  Thank God.  PUT UP THE CREDIT CARD, for God's sake don't lose it.  Did that. 

Ron was complaining about Mama cat.  He hates her cone.  He was about half drunk by this point and said he was going to call the vet.  That would have been very embarrassing.  I said I would call. 

I did.  They can take the stitches out tomorrow.  Mama, and Ron, will be very happy about that.  I asked for her to get her shots and microchip as well.  She is a good cat and I want to literally put my name on her. 

She was adorable this morning (the cat, not the vet), she got up on her hind legs when I was dishing up breakfast, begging.  But she didn't eat the entire serving of Turkey Dinner so she may have gotten into Biscuit's dry food last night.  At any rate Spot-man went back for more later. 

Spot's a boy who loves to eat.  Then she wanted to go in the garage so we let her.  It is pretty stupid of us but it makes her happy.  We are letting cold air out of the house, though, when we do it.  But it's Mama cat and it makes her happy. 

So I got all that done.  Ron had to be poured into bed, he was pretty loose.  I got him in there, though.  I got some kratom in him while he was sober so we don't have to worry about that. 

Taking the cat to the vet means we will have to shuffle our plans for tomorrow, but it's nothing that can't wait.  I don't mind doing that, especially with sales so slow. 

I would rather get Mama cat done for another year.  She is a good cat and I hate putting her in the carrier.  She is so nice about it, she just tries to get away. 

But we had originally planned to go to Walmart today, Ron cancelled that.  Can't go tomorrow = Mama cat.  So I will go, one way, on the bus and take a cab home.  I shouldn't have a problem getting home in a cab.  I would rather go before payday than after, when it will be packed. 

And, to be honest, I'm not really up for another ringside seat at the "Ron's drunk" show. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think ron should go to the conference and you should stay with the cats.

Heather Knits said...

If he could, I would. He is pretty helpless.