Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Posting bail for Mama cat

"How much did it cost?"  Ron asked. 

"You don't want to know".  Less than Biscuit, at least.  But they had to give her extra medicine, ran a blood test, and took her whole uterus. 

Alex took his time, but they were still open when I got there.  They put her in the box while I discussed things.  I have to go back to get her stitches out, that's fine.  We had to set that appointment. 

Then we had to discuss the procedure, her blood test came back perfect - great, the "fattening up" process worked very well and her numbers were perfect.  I "owned" that silently, I doubt her numbers were great when we first met. 

They gave me pain medicine.  One squirt a day for four days.  I will be happy to give it to her, I just hope she is good about it.  Most cats hate medicine BUT it is a liquid which is easier. 

I went back out with her and we headed home.  She started banging the carrier back and forth as I walked in the door, good to know she knows "home". 

I let her out and she staggered around for a while.  They had to give her extra knock out drugs today so I wasn't surprised.  She utterly freaked out over a power adapter, but decided she was hungry when I put some food down.  Biscuit sniffed at her, quite a bit.  She allowed it. 

She ate, kept going back for more food.  Plenty of water in the bowl right there, I have 2 water fountains.  She went out in the garage. 

I had built her a nice nest.  She scorned it and is laying on the concrete.  I have been accused of pampering those I love and that's not it. 

But it's her body and I will not tell her where to sleep.  She has the blanket if she wants it, the gym mats as well, plenty of nice places in the house. 

But she had a big thing done today and I will let her guide her recovery.  She is home now.  Spotty is leaving her alone but nearby. 

I'm glad it's all over. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad she made it through everything OK. Hope you were able to see Cleo today too.