Tuesday, August 6, 2019

High hopes

That went pretty painlessly.  I am pretty pleased with several things I did. 

1.  I did my workout yesterday.  I didn't have to get up at 3-4 this morning to do it. 
2.  I took my shower last night, after my workout. 
3.  I arranged to ride with Alex. 

I have, in the past, called a driver but more and more I find myself objecting to his attitude and behavior towards women.  He exploits vulnerable women who basically sell themselves for rent money.  Yes, the girls should make better choices so they don't end up "short" - get some vocational training as a CNA at the least - but he is not concerned with bettering them (not anymore, he did pay for vocational training for one of his sugar babies), just using them, degrading them (I have gotten a lot more detail than I wanted on that), etc. 

As I've said, every dollar I give that man goes to abusing and exploiting a woman in trouble.  Now, we all have choices, a woman in financial trouble you can ignore; throw money at it; educate her so she doesn't have the trouble anymore (vocational training and education on how to manage her money); or degrade, exploit, and abuse her for money.  He chooses the latter. 

I just felt soiled the last time we hired him.  I don't like feeling that way. 

So I talked to Alex.  He occasionally brings vodka for Ron, and Ron gave him a very large tip some time ago.  But he is married, and as far as I know, does not take advantage of women, which was a huge plus in my eyes.  He, like Arturo, is likable and easygoing. 

I had Arturo take us to the vet last week, but by the time I finished Arturo was headed downtown.  No foul, I called Alex.  He came, happily, good attitude and very respectful.  He likes cats.  What's not to like? 

He sure liked the tip.  It's technically about a $6 ride to the vet.  :)  I asked him if he would help me this week when I got Mama done.  He said absolutely just call the night before. 

I called, he said call him 30 minutes before pickup that morning.  I did. 

He arrived early (another bonus in my eyes), we went out.  He opened the door for me, great because I had my hands full. 

We rode to the vet and had to wait about 10 minutes.  Great attitude on his part, very nice, no rushing or ugly.  I paid him, he liked it (it wasn't $6!).  The staff arrived and I took Mama inside, got her settled, signed the consent form, and back out to the cab. 

I told him 4 looks good for the pickup.  He was surprised they do same day releases.  But again, just call him about 30 minutes out and he'd show.  I told him it would be easier on the pickup.  I will call first and let them know I'm coming, they can put her in the box.  Then I will walk in, pay, get my instructions, walk out, go home, maybe 5 minutes tops. 

I always laugh when I think about picking up a cat at the vet.  When I had Torbie's foot done (she had a tumor, but I paid to have it cut off), she wouldn't get in her box for the vet, when I came to pick her up.  So they brought the empty box into an exam room, had me wait there with the box.  They brought her in and let her look at me, and the box.  She walked right in on her own "I'll go home with Heather".  Very funny. 

But poor Torbie thinks she is going to the shelter every time I take out that box!  And they did a very good job with her. 

Mama was a very good girl, charming and sweet, even in her box.  I noticed that Spot and Biscuit are getting to be very good friends, that really warms my heart.  Even Torbie is warming up to Spot, I caught her sniffing his butt today. 

Spot is becoming an entitled cat - as he should, demanding treats, food, and play.  Good.  It is a nice change from the fearful cat of a few weeks ago. 

I gave him a can of venison recipe (I bought it some time ago, when manic).  He didn't like it much, neither did the other cats, so I took it out for Cleo.  I went out and called, she came running up to the porch and hid under her chair, watching me, then ate while I stood nearby.  That is huge - coming up to a human.  She is learning I, at least, am safe.  I bring good things to eat.   I have high hopes for her. 

I am really pleased with how I planned it all.  And Arturo let me know he could help with the afternoon pickup if Alex can't.  It helps when you pay more than $6. 

Cab drivers who like cats and will handle Ron's wheelchair are a treasure and I treat them accordingly.  Ron and I are in pretty good agreement on that.  A good tip is one thing - we are fine on that.  But Ron has been more reasonable about tips so no conflict on that. 

I do find it funny they both have "A" names.  I am happy I am not dependent on the other guy who does not respect women.  He has a lot of issues.  I remember one time he was telling me about a sex act he forced a woman to do.  I asked "Did she like it?" 

"I like it better when they're not into it."  I was horrified.  It is safe to say Ron does not have that attitude, the more I like it, the more he does.  And that is all I will say. 

And Ron wonders why I don't feel comfortable with him.  It is sad, he didn't used to be this guy. 

Now I am just waiting to go downtown to get Ron's new yearly pass.  Hopefully it will be pain free.  Worst case it is only once a year. 

I am going to bring some disinfectant for the bathroom. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

“What’s not to like”. Lol he brought Ron alcohol. DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT ALEX BRINGING RON ALCOHOL.

Heather Knits said...

I don't mind Alex bringing it. Everyone brings Ron alcohol.

Chuck, on the other hand, said he would stop if Ron became abusive. I told him. He kept bringing it. Why ask me to tell him?