Friday, August 2, 2019

Friday

I got up early, headache, Excedrin.  I hate to take too much but my Kratom came today (I got my own bottle).  That will drastically reduce what I am taking (Excedrin) because NSAID's are nasty addictive and cause rebound headaches. 

We went to work.  We were gone for 3 days and it looked like we had made one day of sales.  Not good.  We stocked what we could. 

We went to the bank (we had taken money out of the machines as we need inventory money).  Yes, the door was still broken, but a very obese man ran to open it for us. 

We took care of our business and called Arturo.  There's a reason we use Arturo. 

With paratransit you say "Pick me up at 11" and they can come anywhere in basically an hour window.  When we do our transaction we are literally stacking hundred packs of money up on top of each other, it looks very impressive.  It is all $1 bills, though, less than your paycheck, and probably 80-90% of it goes to expenses.  So we get to keep maybe one hundred pack out of the whole lot. 

BUT, ONCE, years ago, a driver walked in while the teller was taking the last of the money off the counter, maybe $300 left - driver walks up to us, looks at the money (the rest is all gone) says WOW YOU HAVE A LOT OF MONEY.  We did NOT.  BUT the average driver is extremely ignorant and loves to gossip. 

She was early, and went back out to the vehicle to wait "Just wanted you to know I was here".  When we went out we attempted to explain, it was not that much money, it was $1 bills "Oh" and we didn't even get to keep all she saw. 

I then asked her what she thought would happen to us if she told other people we "had a lot of cash, at the bank" how safe it would be for us waiting outside at work, etc.  She said "Not very" and agreed not to talk about it.   But she did, and a couple of drivers mentioned our "big cash deposits" when we were riding with them. 

We realized we had a BIG problem.  By this time enough time had passed we did not know the original name of the first driver who started all this.  Ron began planning trips so long we would be finished well over an hour before the driver could come, but it entailed waiting with a bunch of ignorant illegals and their hellspawn, undisciplined, children. 

See, I would think if you wanted to get upset you would be, about that.  How more than one driver has done that, drive around blabbing to everyone who'll listen that Ron and I are "Rich" "carry around bags of money" "always at the bank" etc.  How dangerous it is to gossip about something like that, how it could get us hurt, killed, and probably got our house robbed in 2012.  How about that? 

THAT I find plenty upsetting.  So Ron and I started using Arturo.  We call him when we're ready, he's nearly always in the area.  If he's not around we call Alex.  They show up 5-10 minutes later and we have a straight trip home, and no gossip from the drivers.  Well, I gossip about the cats. 

Anyway, Ron and I talked and decided we did not want to go out later, so I had Arturo go to a McD's and wait while I ran in and got us some food.  We went home, I ate (Spotty likes chicken, so does his mother), and took a nap. 

Torbie and Biscuit slept with me.  The doorbell rang a little later and I checked, it was the Kratom.  I have samples for "white" kratom, which is supposed to be good for energy.  I plan to save them for a bad depression morning and see how they work.  I put that away. 

I noticed more food was gone from the bowl.  I got up and did computer things for a while, then cat things.  Then back to the computer.  Helping Ron.  Etc. 

I checked the mail and saw Cleo hiding on the porch next to Ron's pillowcase.  Good, he will become a familiar scent to her.  She ran off when I got within about 12 feet but she did stay put for a while.  I saw some rocks out of my flower bed this morning so I am guessing the #6 kids were chasing her and throwing rocks.  If I catch them at it I am reporting them for animal cruelty.  At the very least they will get a lecture from an officer, and their mother is illegal and they REALLY don't like attention from the authorities. 

Another question, why are the women in the family wearing orange all the time for their formal wear?  Latina woman have olive complexions, and look better in cool colors (purple, black, royal blue, emerald, etc.).  Orange and yellows just make you look sick - I know, I also have a cool complexion.  But for the quince last year, the daughter wore a big floofy coral colored dress (and they are on welfare?!).  Last week I saw the mother in a similar toned formal dress, that was too tight.  Never a good look when you can see the lines of the shapewear under the clothes.  Anyway, I guess they don't know what colors will make them look best. 

I wear a ton of black,for instance. 

Ron is drinking in the kitchen.  I will take him back to his room because the new cats don't know to get out of his way. 

Spotty has done really well today, he came towards me on his own,several times, rubbed against my ankle, let me pet him, laid down right next to me, etc. 

His mother is a little irritable today, but she's pregnant.  She has been fine with us, just doesn't want other cats near her, sometimes Spotty is OK but sometimes not.  That is fine and will all be fixed shortly, literally. 

Ron just asked for "something small" to eat.  I gave him his other lunchable.  He has really liked them.  I'm glad, he's getting some protein and healthy fat in his diet. 

Today's headache came back so I got into the bottle of Kratom I bought for myself (Ron got big bottles, I got a small one).  This is a kratom-sized headache,moderate but not severe.  It tends to work best on those.  And Red Elephant works pretty well so I got that. 

I need to decide if I am getting a delivery tomorrow or Sunday.  I need to feed Cleo.  And I need to do the boxes again.

Biscuit knocked a bowl of kitten food on the floor so I had to sweep it up and it was wasted (I use the dustpan to sweep up litter so I'm not feeding that to the cats).  Of course it was the expensive brand.  But I didn't get it all apparently and the big cats are having fun playing treasure hunt. 

I think I will look around on the Walmart website. 

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Calling innocent children "hellspawn" is hard to read.

Heather Knits said...

They are NOT innocent. They have persecuted my cats since I moved in. Screaming, chasing, cornering and screaming, cornering and throwing heavy objects, getting on their trampoline to get a view into my yard and then throwing heavy objects into the side of my catio (on my property). ONGOING chasing Cleo in my yard, and I keep finding rocks out of my flowerbed so presumably chasing her AND throwing rocks at her as well. You call that INNOCENT? The next time I catch them I am calling the police and asking them to file animal cruelty charges. It is hard to WITNESS.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever actually seen the kids chasing Cleo? Or throwing rocks at her?

Anonymous said...

Actually you weren't talking about your neighbors but making generalizations about everyone's children.
What happened to Heather who used to blog about doing God time?

Heather Knits said...

Yes, I have seen them chasing her. They have ongoing chased all my cats in spite of me asking them to please leave the cats alone. Tuesday I was in my garage (on the property line) and I HEARD them chasing her "Get it! Get it!" and feet running across MY property. So I know they are chasing - and these are not small children, the youngest is 5, the oldest about 17.

I haven't seen them throwing rocks or I would call the police. But rocks keep going from my flower bed scattered all over my yard about the same time of day as the chases.

And yes, I am looking forward to school.

Heather Knits said...

Re: kids. You have to remember what I encounter, savage little brats everywhere I go, screaming, running wild, misbehaving, etc. It is very rare for me to see a well behaved child in the circles I travel. I stopped seeing all kids as "innocent" a long time ago and if we are going Biblical we are all born with sin.

So no child is innocent. We are all sinners, children included. They are hell spwan, in a literal sense, just like the rest of us. But "they're children" does not excuse VERY bad behavior and in the case of next door, criminal levels of animal cruelty.

But kids learn what they're taught and this is clearly the end time generation.

I have had some issues with God lately. Not up to doing God Time lately, to be completely frank I feel like He is asking too much of me right now.

Anonymous said...

Every blog is worse than the next. Hell spawn. Wow. Heather I’ll be praying you get back to God and soon.

Might want to crack open your bible and read about what it says re: children


Matthew 18:6 King James Version (KJV)

6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Heather Knits said...

How am I offending children or blocking their salvation? I am saying they are feral, animal abusers, and unmannered at best ALL TRUE.

Saying they are "innocent" is the lie.

Ironic you are getting all righteous and I am the one handing out Scripture booklets for children - dozens of them, every Halloween. I doubt you do anything similar.

I like children fine in an appropriate context where they are being polite and respectful. Or even ghetto teens straight off the bus with no costumes laughing and shoving a bag in my face. No problem with that.

Unmanneered little brats running up to Ron, screaming, rummaging in the back of his wheelchair while the parents text? Yes, I have a problem with it. Kids next door terrorizing a helpless kitten, trespassing to do so? Yes, I have a problem with that. I make no apologies.

How many of your pets have you allowed feral children to terrorize? Are you one of those jerks who lets your kid torture your dog and take photos thinking it is "cute"? Or wonder why the cat scratched junior when he had her cornered pulling on her tail?

Because kids are "innocent" of course.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you heather that person is a religious and twisted but case. Another reason I dislike religion. Not to mention they completely took the verse out of context. Some children are born messed up regatdless of upbringing. Some are more sadistic than others and some are created that way by their upbringing.

Anonymous said...

Listen to yourself. It’s really sad what you’ve become.

Anonymous said...

I honestly can’t believe what y’all are saying about CHILDREN. Wth

Heather Knits said...

If I had to guess I would say 1-2 of them are naturally sadistic. The rest I think goes to upbringing.

They never do chores. Their father will come home from working 12 hours manual labor and HE puts away the garbage can, while the children have been walking back and forth past it to their mother's car all day long.

They are overprotected, even the older teens are not allowed to go anywhere alone. The mother believes 95% of Houston weather is "too difficult" to be outside. She thinks manual labor of any sort is wrong. They hire illegals to do yardwork the boys could clearly do (not a big yard).

Growing up I respected the fact my parents made me do chores even though I didn't like them, I understood it was my job. I had a job to do. It taught me to be responsible and to have reasonable expectations of others. Ie - no one is going to clean up my messes.

These kids have everything handed to them on a plate by their overworked parents. The parents probably see their own upbringing as "unfair" and want to "give their kids everything" - not realizing they are creating entitled little brats who can do nothing for themselves.

And when the father has a stroke, they will just dump him in a slum nursing home and never visit. Well, maybe on his birthday and father's day.

Heather Knits said...

How can I be warm and cuddly towards creatures who not only disrespect me and Ron, ongoing, but also TORTURE MY CATS.

You really thought I would be OK with that? Ron calls me "the Pit bull" for a reason.

Society says we must "love the children all the time, and never say anything bad about them" I say f*ck that, they are monsters and I am not afraid to say it. Cleo is about a pound and a half, never hurt anyone in her life. She just wants a good meal and a safe place to sleep but they can't even give her that - no, they come on my property and TORTURE her.

But "children are wonderful" better remember that because it is the party line. Even when they're NOT.

Heather Knits said...

Not all children are like this, but the ones I know are. I am sure your child is a wonderful human being you have taught to love and respect, protect those weaker, etc.

But DON'T tell me the ones I know are "innocent" when they take savage joy in torturing a helpless kitten.

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree parents who tell their kids that the only job they have is school. They are raising idiots and don't even realize it. Just doing well in school is not a guarantee of success in life. More important is a work ethic and ability to be the best at something in demand because there is too much competition now and companies don't need as many employees and those that pay well can be picky. Best advice get a government job with guaranteed retirement benefits and ride the public service wave.

Onto sadistic children. So many are posting videos of themselves hurting animals. Scary that they don't see anything wrong with broadcasting this online and even sadder is the punishment for hurting and killing animals is pathetic. Did you know suicide rates among veterinarians is very high. I guess having to put down healthy animals because owners cant or wont pay for procedures gets to them after awhile.

Anonymous said...

If they are torturing your cats then why he he’ll arent you reporting it? Call now like you called the ADA.

Do you converse with these people to know what they believe? Do you know what goes on inside? Maybe they do the dishes or clean the bathroom? Or are you assuming again?

Anonymous said...

I saw on ad on craigslist with someone getting rid of a cat because their kid kept hitting it. I emailed them and said why not tell kid to stop doing that. They said the kid was only 3. Three year olds can be taught not to hit. A lot of it is the parents not parenting. Or many are so defective from their own childhoods this really is the best they can do. Poor Cleo. How can anyone hurt an animal let alone an adorable kitten. Hate to see how they treat their babies. My film kicked his 2 year old son in the stomach so hard the kid blacked out. Police did nothing. God did nothing. He was allowed to abuse hu
Is kids until they got too old for him to hurt without fear of payback.

Heather Knits said...

Oh, that is horrible.

One thing you can say for my childhood, I was taught from a very young age not to harm animals, to respect them and treat them kindly. My stepbrother used to dig up bugs and throw them live on an old hot plate. Thank God he couldn't get ahold of anything larger.

Heather Knits said...

I don't have proof. Problem is police know I am bipolar, so it is a big strike against me - I am basically helpless to report anything (including an assault, at work) unless I have hard proof. Which is why I will look into a camera if I can't get Cleo inside.

Heather Knits said...

@ Vet comment, I think that is one reason mine is helping me so much. Many don't have a heart like we do, to help. So she is giving me discounts and freebies as much as possible (she has a business to run).

But everyone (should) want the happy ending of a spoiled cat loafing on the bed in the morning, wanting breakfast. Or in my case a pack of them waiting eagerly by the food bowl. I love how Spot is feeling safe and even confident now around us.

Houston has a long way to go on spay and neuter. A woman at work - 2 of them actually, got an attitude with me because I am giving Mama cat an abortion. I asked if they would take the babies and they said no. But it was "mean to kill them". Meaner to let them be born, suffer, and die anyway.

Smart people get it. You have to be practical at times, saving animals.

Melanie said...

A child being sadistic to animals is on the checklist for potential serial killer traits. Even if someone doesn’t love animals, that ought to scare them a little if they see their kid behaving that way.

I’m with you Heather. I can’t stand bratty kids, or overly cute, precocious, “Look at me! Look at me!” kids. I don’t socialize with adults who allow their children to sit up under us and interrupt while we’re trying to have an adult conversation. I don’t tell them how to raise their kids, I just steer clear of them.

Anonymous said...

I didn't like kids all that much until I had grandkids and that changed everything. I see kids as precious in God's sight. I did parent my own and even correct the grandbabies when they need it.
Kids are precious and it's not their fault if they have rotten parents.

Heather Knits said...

I draw the line when they are violating my property to torture a helpless animal.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the kids have a tough homelife and acting out?
Everything is not black and white.

Anonymous said...

If these children are torturing your cats please go speak to their mother, and escalate from there if necessary. Sitting in your house, making blog posts and arguing with people on the internet about it won’t solve the problem. Walk over and approach her (please not like you do the people at the grocery store and the bank!) to discuss the matter. You just might be surprised at how things turn out.

Also there are literally zero valid excuses as to why you cannot do any of the above.

Heather Knits said...

Years ago I heard the father teaching the kids how to scare the cats. So this is done with the blessing of the parents, father at least. The mother does not speak English.

What I intend to do, since I am bipolar and that throws doubt on everything, is to get the camera as suggested, get video of the kids doing this, and contact the authorities. A stern talk from someone in a uniform might do some good.

The father hates us, to put it mildly, because I wouldn't let his kids use my yard as a playground, call in noise complaints on his late night parties, etc. So not surprised he taught his kids to go after my cats.

Cleo is a strong girl and will learn, but it is hard to see such a timid cat menaced.

Heather Knits said...

I would absolutely say they have a rough home life. Their father is seldom present, when he is he is very immature. Like when he wanted my driveway, a grown man does not normally have a temper tantrum in front of another adult and his own son - but he did. I can only imagine what happens at home.

Like my situation, the mother is pretty economically dependent on him plus she doesn't know English. If she wants a decent life she has to live with him. They pretty much filled up the house with 6 kids, I think someone got fixed (likely her) after that. From what I have seen I would call him an emotional abuser and a tyrant.

He is the one who taught the kids to be mean to cats. I actually heard him one day but I didn't realize what he was doing. The cat I had at the time came from one of the bleakest ghettoes in Houston, a street cat at that (Bubba, the black one) so he could take it. He would just look at them like WTF? when they screamed at him and saunter off.

You didn't say it, but I need to be praying for them - I'm not and that's on me.