Friday, August 23, 2019

Friday morning

I was using my computer last night.  I wanted to look around.  Ron and I had discussed getting Biscuit treats, the, if you must know "Royal Canin Urinary SO treat".  He eats the same formula, dry.  Can't stand the wet but Mama cat was eating plenty of it when she first came to us.  Apparently, back then, wet food was wet food. 

Anyway Ron really loves to include Biscuit in treatin' time.  He put down a generous amount yesterday and Baby Girl was eating them too (that is totally OK per vet).  Chewy has a good deal, half a pound for $6.  The brick and mortar pet store treated me like a criminal and wanted to see my papers before they would sell it to me.  WTF?  Chewy just wanted the name and number of my vet, one time.  Now I can get any urinary SO product. 

I looked around.  I have a little extra money and I wanted to get something nice for the cats.  That's how I work, I think of the cats. 

I hunted around.  I was hoping to find a cat condo "apartment" or "cave" for Mama cat.  She could go in the apartment instead of under my rocking chair.  You know the old joke about a cat in a roomful of rocking chairs. 

It just seemed safer and I felt she deserved a nice place to hang out.  I found some that were combinations of shelves and apartments, but that wasn't really what I wanted.  I have 2 cat condos that are shelves only.  I needed at least one apartment. 

I found this: https://www.chewy.com/frisco-24-in-2-story-cat-condo-cream/dp/155169

What I liked they said it was great for larger cats.  So anyone can go in.  Two levels, one for her and Spotty, or one for her and another cat (Spotty is more confident and likes the "shelves" kitty condo).  And certainly in the budget AND no assembly.  Combined with a couple pouches of treats, I got free shipping, so I got it. 

I just need to clear a landing pad for it today so I can set it up easily when it comes.  I have been interested in this style for a while.  I am curious to see who takes to it. 

You just never know.  For instance, when I went back in Ron's room to get his headphones, I found Torbie on the top shelf (about 5 feet) of the shelf style kitty condo.  She looked pretty happy, owning it. 

I want every cat to have a couple of good spots.  Apparently Mama cat and Spotty are not allowed in either bedroom but they are getting used to the rules and the other cats. 

But, like Ron said, a couple of cats is one thing - but everyone we tell we have SIX they just shake their head.  But I am working on getting them all fixed.   That's one reason I will not bring Cleo in the house until she's fixed: Spot is intact and I don't want any freaky incest going on. 

And, free shipping so I was happy about that.  I'm only a day or two out of the Chewy warehouse so I get stuff fast.  I don't know about the condo, though, that may be a little slower or I could find it on the porch tomorrow when I come home from work.  We'll see. 

Off I go to help Ron and get my shower.  I already took my pills so I'm good.  :) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If mama and spotty can't go in the bedrooms, I think you should put them in the condo, so their scent marks it as their territory, so they have a special place, as the other condo is taken. That would be the right thing to do. Have a great day.

Heather Knits said...

Yeah, plan is for it to be their condo. Of course I will post pictures.