Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Surrounded

Ron woke up, reasonably sober.  I asked him to see what was going on with the credit card.  He checked, it is OK. 

But the bank sent me an email that they will be deleting the paper statements and it will all be electronic now... so I will have to sign up for online banking for him.  NOT happy about that but they are trying to save $$ and getting everyone to do e-banking is easier.  UGH. 

Maybe it will not be as bad as I dread. 

Anyway, I got my delivery.  I had the stuff in the garage, in the process of taking out the trash without getting bit by the fire ants.  I can see why some people literally drench their yard in toxins.  A boy comes by walking his dog.  The dog is about 30 pounds. 

He stops and the dog is straining at the leash to get in my yard, but this boy knows he's not supposed to let the dog loose in my yard.  We exchanged greetings.  He asked me if I had kids, I said no.  That took him aback.  He thought for about a minute, dog still pulling on the leash, and asked me if I had cats. 

By this point I am 90% sure he is the boy who let the dog off leash to chase Cleo.  I said yes, he asked where.  I said they were inside.  "All of them?" 

"Yes," I replied, "It's not safe out here". 
"Yeah," he replies "My dog loves to attack cats.  He likes their blood!"

He is an older boy. 

And I can't help but think: I am surrounded by psychopathic children.  

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’ll take things that never happened for $200, Alex

Heather Knits said...

Damn straight it did. Makes me wonder about the water and growing brains. This kid was white so I am getting racial diversity in my psychopaths. Actually, the black people have been great to my cats, or at least neutral - when my cats were outside, which they aren't, any more.

Take home regardless if you believe it: thank God (or whatever you worship) I got Cleo when I did.

Anonymous said...

How old was the kid?

Anonymous said...

You can get your statements online without having actual access to online banking. This way your accounts are protected from hacking and you can print your statements. Those cheap bastards at the bank really know how to nickel and dime people. Statements were done as part of doing business and soon you won't have any reasonable common courtesy from businesses. I am sick of having to log in for this or that or be charged a convenience fee for a paper statement. F-ck them.

Anonymous said...

But you obviously didn’t SEE someone “let a dog off it’s leash to purposely go after Cleo” since you said “now I’m 90% sure this is him”. I don’t understand how you can know about an event occurring like the one you describe yet not even see it happen?

Anonymous said...

He may have been being sarcastic...

Heather Knits said...

I saw a young man walking quickly past my window, right by my house, well on my property, I could tell he was white but not more. I didn't see his face but it seems extremely likely it is the same boy. I saw the dog on my property and then the back of the boy following it. There are not a lot of white people in my neighborhood, either.

Doesn't matter, really. Cleo is IN today.

Heather Knits said...

The boy was around 10, old enough to know "we" don't abuse small animals. I got a really bad vibe off of him and really glad I could tell him no outside pets or children at this address.

Anonymous said...

You previously said that you saw the person let the dog chase Cleo then call the dog back when Cleo ran away. Did you actually see the dog chase Cleo or see Cleo run away from the dog? I'm sensing a trend here.

You have never seen the neighbor's kids chase or hurt Cleo, but you feel free to call them things like "little sickos" "Psychopathic" and "animal abusers" and you claim they were "stoning" Cleo.


Heather Knits said...

Cleo hung out on my porch, slept in/under chair, especially towards evening every day. Heard something, went out the dog is on my porch lunging at something.

Remember we have leash laws, so just like I'm supposed to keep the cat confined they're supposed to only have the dog on a leash off property. This dog had been let off leash (let go of it) and the dog was where Cleo normally hung out. Then I saw the backside of someone, a white kid is all I could determine (male), grabbing the leash and taking the dog off the property.

After I took Cleo to the vet for a board before her surgery a young man about the right age, white, with a dog he admitted "likes chasing cats" comes on my property looking "for my cat". Very disappointed when I told him all mine are indoor. So I can conclude he was the same person.

It does not matter as I have said because Cleo is indoors now and will remain that way unless she is profoundly unhappy indoors.

Anonymous said...

No, you can’t come to that conclusion. You make way to many assumptions to vilify others.