Friday, August 9, 2019

Friday

"We got a lot done this week" I told Ron, and he agreed.

Both of us slept horribly last night.  I am not sure why.  Surprisingly, I had some energy this morning, not sure where that came from.

We went to work, gone 3 days and sales were DEAD.  We did what we could and left, came home.  I took a nap.  The probiotics came.

All the cats love them and literally ate them up.  Biscuit actually tried to chew open a packet.  I figure everyone can benefit.

I placed a delivery order.  I told Ron it was so nice to shop for cat food in the peace and quiet of my own home.  It is tax free weekend and likely mayhem at the stores.  I got a lot of Mixed Grill, everyone likes that.

I took one of my cans of Mixed Grill and sectioned some off on a separate plate for Cleo, with all the gravy (cats seem to consider the gravy the best part).  I put that out for her and she squeaked with joy.  She is pretty cute, still deciding if I am worth her trust, but I will be patient.  She ate it all.

I went back in the house and put the rest of the can down, sprinkled some of the probiotics on top.  It was eaten quickly.  Later I put the rest on top of another can and the same results, Spotty literally gorged himself on them.

Spotty is also having digestive issues so it's a good thing.  I want to feel like I am doing everything I can for them.  They didn't ask for anything that happened to them, and Torbie had some digestive trouble when we got her, too. 

Bubba was probably eating roadkill when I got him so no problems!  Same with Frosty!  But the girls seem to have more issues.  And Mama cat just had a huge operation. 

She is resting comfortably now.  She was acting depressed for a few days but seems more herself and is vocalizing more.  She lost her babies.  That has got to hurt.  They would have had to go to the shelter and likely put down, as I saw it, so better to do it now... but she lost her babies.  I take that seriously - I don't think that is a minor thing.  So I am doing my best to pamper her. 

For instance, she worries about Cleo, they actually talk on either side of the garage door, Cleo goes over by the crack and they meow at each other.  So we left the door open, to the garage.  Mama wants to loaf in the garage, we can do that.  We will pay a little more in electricity but I want her 100% comfortable. 

So I was really glad she liked the probiotic.  I cleaned all the boxes today, I do everyday, minimum of at least once.  Fresh water, wet and dry food, whatever it takes. 

Ron will be glad to get her out of the cone, he always has a terrible time with a cat in a cone. 

We went out to dinner, a pretty uneventful meal.  But the ride home! 

Before I say anything else I accept that nearly all (save Ron) the clients are morbidly obese at best.  That is why they can't get around, they are literally carrying so much weight.  Or they got the disability and couldn't move, put the weight on that way. 

So no surprise the woman across from us was a good 500 pounds.  DID NOT want to see her crotch area, but I did, her dress was so short it pulled up when she sat.  If I looked across the aisle I could see her crotch (I tried not to look), and she had her legs widely spread to boot.  It was just horrible, especially after we just ate. 

Even worse, she was with her adult son.  Dressed and acting like that.  No wonder he sat as far from her as he could get, in the back of the van.  I wished I could have. 

Have some modesty!  I don't want to see that!  And this is the really sad thing, I can think of several other women on the service who did the same thing. 

Happily it was a short ride, I was just horrified. 

We got home and let Mama cat back in the garage.  She really loves the garage.  It is her space and she can talk to her daughter.  Mama has happy body language and her incision looks OK so I am not inclined to stop her. 

Spotty is all over the house and loves it.  I have four, low, litter boxes.  Five.  So he can climb in any of them when he needs to. 

Even before I got him in the house he had good toilet habits.  One day I was out front feeding them and he walked over to my garden bed, did a little digging,  peed, covered it up, and came back.  Cats are just awesome like that.  And everyone has good litter box habits.  They are good babies, and everyone gets along really well. 

I expected a lot of trouble, but very little hissing now and then.  They must be doing all the fighting when we're gone. 

I did all the cat care things and helped Ron with a few things, then blog time.  I will be going to bed shortly. 

Hopefully I can sleep tonight. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not open the garage enough to let Cleo come in and see her momma? Its obvious they both miss eachother.

Heather Knits said...

I may do that after Mama cat is over her surgery. Right now she has a big row of stitches and a cone on her head. I shudder to think what the kids next door might do to her.