Saturday, August 3, 2019

Sunday

I am done talking about the kids next door. 

If you think they are great you need help.  For the religious, even the Bible says we are all born with a sinful nature, everyone of us but Jesus.  The Bible says children must be trained, guided, and disciplined.  To paraphrase one verse: spanking a child won't kill him, in fact, it may save his life. 

But current society says that all children are born perfect, innocent, angels.  That is a direct contradiction to what the Bible says about man's sinful nature and how we are BORN with it.  I think even the atheists can agree with me on that one. 

I am simply stating the criminal behavior, of torturing Cleo, is unacceptable, wrong, it makes me VERY angry, and it shows the kids for what they are - as Ron would say "sub-level" little monsters who enjoy tormenting a small helpless animal. 

A question: does anyone think is is OK, what they are doing?  Chasing her?  Screaming at her?   Trespassing?  Throwing rocks at her?  That is acceptable and OK behavior for an "innocent" child?  The youngest is 5, the oldest nearly 18.  Definitely old enough to know better. 

Because I really don't think anyone can defend that.  The ironic thing, when they had their own pets, they neglected them so bad the one dog chewed a hole in the fence to come get in Ron's lap.   The dogs were being fed and watered but that's about it.  In fact, I had readers crying it was "abusive and demanding I report them". 

But now they are "innocent". 

At any rate Cleo is happy on her porch with both wet and dry food, a huge bowl of clean water, and Ron's pillow case to sleep on.  She seemed content when I checked on her.  The jasmine conceals her area. 

It is my sincere hope I can get her in the house and away from "all that" (see, I referred to them without name calling).  I know Mom cat and Spot are much happier inside. 

I will do some research and make some phone calls, maybe I can talk to some feral experts, have them come out and evaluate her, maybe I should bring her in now.  I just don't want to traumatize her further.  I will do that. 

I got my Walmart delivery.  I SHOULD have got more cat treats but we have a fair amount.  I can always get them from Amazon.  This pay period is a bit of a pinch due to Mama's spay surgery, Ron helped all he could but he has to buy his pass.  I do have the money for the spay and cab fare each way.  I am proud of that.  This, on top of her checkup and blood test last week. 

The cab drivers are loving me because I give BIG tips if it involves a cat.  I think that is only fair because many drivers hate cats. 

Ron had some confusion with tomorrow's driver about our transportation, he was (Ron) pretty upset. 

Back to the Walmart delivery, I got two kinds of litter and some sprinkle on scented powder.  I know you are not supposed to use that but Mama cat's deposits reek so bad!  She is having some digestive upset from the transition.  She went from eating garbage to high quality kitten food, as well.  I know Torbie had a shock when she came, same thing, about a week of digestive issues before it settled out. 

The powder did help at litter box change time.  They are using 2 boxes in the front room, all of them, so I just keep those scooped twice a day.  I did put the powder.  I figure she will have transitioned by the time I run out.  But in the meantime really glad I spent the $4. 

I got some drinks for me, some dinners for Ron, etc.  Not a whole lot considering.  Should have got the treats.  Oh, well. 

I got all that put away.  I don't have much appetite yet but it will come, when it does I will take my pills. 

Tomorrow we get up early, do our supply run, go to work.  Then home.  I don't like to go "out" on the first weekend of the month because all the paratransit clients get their disability/retirement check and food stamps, and they want to spend it all as soon as possible.   Better to just do the minimum trips the first week. 

The end of the month is great, everyone is broke, straight trips everywhere.  Monday we go to work and home.  Tuesday morning I take Mama to get spayed.  We MAY go downtown while they are doing that, get Ron's pass, come home, drop Ron, then I go in a cab to get Mama.  I would be OK with that, the day is kind of invested anyway with the spay, I have to get up super early for that.  So does the cab driver but he will get paid for it. 

And here's the sad thing, next door they know we don't drive, not once have they ever offered (like other neighbors, who have since moved) to take us anywhere.  [Sigh]  One thing I have learned, my neighbors "do not look out for the elderly/disabled" during hard times.  Never.  It is on us.  And I am fine with that, I am pretty self sufficient. 

That's all I know for now, I know we have to do our accounting report as well.  But that is more "Ron doing accounting and Heather doing data entry" so not a big deal.  And then I file the payment online, which is just an e-check and pretty easy. 

A pretty busy couple of days.  I will be glad when we finish it all because I like finishing things. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of walmart in the painting section they have a 50 count box of nitrile gloves for about 8.00. A good value and nice to have on hand since you have so many cats now.

Heather Knits said...

I just hope they have them in a large because "one size" is too small for me.

Anonymous said...

The have Interstate safety gloves 40301 100 pack on walmart.com for 15.00 in the large size with free shipping.

Heather Knits said...

That'll do it! But budget is TIGHT this week with Mama cat getting spayed.

Melanie said...

Oh Heather girl, you can say anything you want about bratty kids and I’ll heartily endorse it:) You are a cat person, I am a dog person, but I think it’s clear that neither of us are kid people, and that’s fine, since neither of us ever got pregnant and had any. I don’t hate them, not at all, and I even like them once they’re old enough to hold a fairly intelligent conversation, but until then, we just don’t have much to say to each other :G I’m the favorite aunt of all my nieces and nephews, probably because I can remain “fun” for the length of time I have with them, and then give them back to their parents when that’s enough.

I’m the oldest girl, second oldest kid, of 10 kids-all my siblings are married and have kids, I’m the only childless sibling. I never had any maternal instinct, so it never bothered me that I couldn’t get pregnant. My siblings had it covered as far as giving my mother grand babies and carrying on the family name! My husband has two sons from his first marriage, both not much younger than me (I think I’ve covered this before).

Anyway, just to say, don’t feel bad, presuming that you may, that you’re not a kid person. We’re just not all cut out that way, and I can’t see anything wrong with that, as long as we don’t get pregnant and inflict ourselves upon some poor child.

Heather Knits said...

The sad thing, I used to love kids. I was in demand at the daycare. Babies who wouldn't sleep slept in my arms.

But then I moved out on my own. It is safe to say I have lived in areas with ignorant people (even now), where the children were not "raised", they were left to run wild.

And they call the cat a feral.

I like my cousin's kids, they are nice little people. I don't hate all kids I just want the parents to teach them proper respect for boundaries, proper behavior, and not to torture helpless animals.

Heidi said...

Again I wish you would let us help with the cats a few of us donating little cash or if you set up your amazing wish list so we could purchase and have something sent to you. There are Ebeggars all over the internet . YOU ARE NOT THAT you are tying to make a home for all these cats with an unpredictable alcoholic husband ..I WANT you to succeed and get the cats everything you think they should have so please let us donate if we want you are not asking I am looking for an outlet to send $20 to pay for part of a bag of food or something you know I love SPOT and wish I were closer I would have adopted him for sure from you . This way I can help remotely

Or even a better idea can we send a donation to your vet in Bubba ‘s memory to help you with the vet bills? If you are not comfy posting the vet here you can email it to me? I would like to help you fight a battle not many people are human enough to fight .

Much love and I am so happy but you are truly the Crazy Cat Lady now .

Heather Knits said...

Let me figure it out. I will let you buy Mama cat a bag of Royal Canin, I will send you an email.