Monday, August 19, 2019

Monday

Ron woke up, belted in his wheelchair, sometime in the middle of the night.  It took him a second to figure out what had happened and then he said he thought "Oh, shit, I had a blackout".  He woke me up asking where he was, etc. 

I told him, in the kitchen, no you did not have a blackout you went straight to passed out.  He got himself to bed, we both went to sleep. 

Pickup was 6:30.  I had to get up early for that, get myself and Ron ready. 

We went to work, it was dead.  Still.  I stocked what I could and we left to go to his doctor.  We had a straight ride and got there an hour and fifteen minutes early.  It happens with paratransit, either you get there an hour early or an hour late.  It is rare to arrive right when you wanted. 

I totally understand why Ron wants to become a hermit.  Transportation just makes it hideous, getting out. 

They took us back.  Ron was pretty carsick but able to provide a very dark looking urine sample.  Doc came in, the usual.  We called Arturo to go home. 

I had him stop at a Taco Bell on the way.  I got a $5 Chalupa box.  I figured it had a decent amount of protein.  We went home, I ate, making an utter mess.  But it was good. 

Ron took a nap and so did I.  I slept about an hour, there was some noise next door so hard to sleep.  Biscuit joined me.  Older cats are awesome like that, they love to sleep with me.  I actually have a cat igloo in my bed right next to my pillows.  And Torbie has her own pillow when she's not in the igloo. 

I got up and decided to take a walk.  It is safe to say I abused caffeine today, which of course gives me an image of caffeine tied up in leather getting whipped.  (I am not into that).  So I had some energy. 

I have my walking outfit set up, some walking shorts - nylon, with huge pockets, my workout bra, etc.  I carried my stun gun.  It was miserably hot, heat index over 100, but after the initial minute or two adjusting I was able to handle it.  I didn't go as fast, though. 

I had planned to do two laps of the trail but felt a little creaky after one (it had been a while since my last walk) so I just came home rather than risk injury.  I was still wearing my workout outfit when the doorbell rang.  Ron forgot to tell me he called the cable guy to come out.  Good thing I was wearing my bra. 

I took him to Ron who said never mind.  I gave him a drink and he left.  And Ron wonders about our bill being "high".  They do great internet, though. 

I did some housework and decided to take a shower, I could use it after walking around in the heat, sun, and humidity.  My new bras arrived, they fit great, so glad I did that.  They are really cute, too.  I need something that can handle me unloading a truck or sitting at my desk. 

I had a good shower (tried on the bra after I was clean).  Ron said his alarm clock wasn't working but didn't want to talk about his options for a new one.  I found one that has good reviews, is cheap, when he wants to talk I will read the description to him and he can decide if he wants it. 

We didn't want to go anywhere tomorrow.  I need to go to the dentist but I just didn't want to run around two days in a row. 

I saw Cleo, fed her out back, she stayed on the porch meowing at me.  She is a very stubborn girl.  I may get up very early and trap her on the porch, then take her in the house until her driver can come get her.  She's a nice little cat and I think she will fit in great, and the big cats will appreciate Spot getting his playmate back. 

I played with Spotty today, he is very gentle, still a little skittish but warming up.  I haven't seen Mama cat since I gave them some dry a while back.  I was slow picking it up and I had to chase Biscuit away. 

I plan to go to bed pretty early tonight.  Ron is already asleep.  I will have a protein shake before I go to bed, though. 

That's it for now. 

No comments: