Thursday, January 17, 2019

Where did the pot come from?

Yesterday Ron's new digital recorder arrived.  We had a little learning curve getting to know it, but he's got it now.  It was a new model by the old maker.  It is performing well. 

I like how it came with batteries. 

Ron forgot to take his pain pill and all sorts of hell ensued with Ron lying in bed moaning and screaming.  It was pretty awful, and kept me up well past my bedtime of 6 PM (we had a soda delivery today, very early).  He did remember to make a trip to work before the deadline. 

Once the medicine finally kicked in we both went to sleep.  When he's in pain I can't sleep because he's so damned loud.  But when I have a migraine I will barely peep out "water".  It is interesting to see how that works.  Is it more normal to scream in pain?  Or be quiet and whmper?  I would be interested to hear your opinion. 

Got up, took a short shower and got dressed for work.  I hoped Ron's t-shirt was OK but it was.  Our ride came early.  It was the same driver we normally get (that early), and the girl going to the airport was already aboard. 

We picked up another client who works at our location, talked to him on the way to the airport, she got dropped, then us.  We went in and stocked.  I did my "helping Ron" thing first. 

Monday, I think, Ron attempted to lift some bottled water by himself and pulled his chest muscles.  He was in a lot of pain all week.  So I chased after him, shooing him away from any heavy lifting, and doing it myself. 

I used to lift weights, I know how to pick up a weight. 

I finally went to the bathroom.  I was about to pop, I had to pee so bad.  When I came back a young man was standing over Ron, in his wheelchair.  The guy saw me and said "There she is" and I realized it was our Dr Pepper delivery.  He already had it, right there, on a cart.  He was one of the best deliveries we have had in a long time even thought they raised prices, again. 

That is 3 times in one year, since Keurig bought the company.  How do they expect the vendors....

I am just glad we did such a big price jump (15 cents) last year, because otherwise we would have had to raise it a couple of times by now.  And I don't think the customers would stand for that. 

We got all that done.  Then I did my work, Ron sorted change, and we left. 

We took Arturo home.  The advantage of calling him we leave when we want, not when a computer tells us to leave.  We were able to leave earlier than expected because the Dr Pepper guy was hours early (not complaining at all!). 

We had a nice straight trip home.  I decided to do some meal prep when we got home.  I told Ron I would need the kitchen so he wouldn't run me over.  We have a "fits one" kitchen.  Two is a stretch.  Two, one in a wheelchair?  No way. 

I looked for a pot, and found a brand new one I don't remember buying, still in the package, in the cabinet.  It was about the right size for what I wanted so I took it out, washed it, and put it on the stove.  I got my pyrex liquid measuring cup, put 2 cups of water in it.  Then added 1 cup lentils.  Lastly I added (started with half, but went to 1) teaspoon curry powder to the soak water.  I covered the pyrex to keep the aromatics from escaping and took a nap. 

These lentils are pretty old (a couple of years) so I am going to let them soak for a few hours yet before cooking.  That has worked well for me in the past.  I also washed a couple of medium potatoes, I plan to cut them up and put them in with the lentils.  For some reason, lentils with potato sound so good to me.  I'll let you know how it tastes. 

If it doesn't work out at least it was a cheap meal. 

I got up and helped Ron with some accounting stuff, and a little more on the new digital recorder (this has been our whole life together, me telling him how to operate his gadgets).  I think he's mastered it, now. 

We're going to wait a few more days and then order another one, since he likes it and it has a familiar operation (being made by the same company).  I'm glad I found one that is pretty easy to use. 

I still don't know where the pot came from, it doesn't look like a type I would buy.  But I will use it since it is in the house and apparently "mine".  Either I bought it a very long time ago and it just surfaced, or someone bought me a pot and put it in my cabinet.  I'm voting on the first. 

I hope. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y’all should just cancel the Paratransit

And I thought Ron was really good at doing things with his upper half? Guess not

Heather Knits said...

Oh, we ride it plenty. But I think it would be dull if I talked about my every trip.

Ron does what he can, I help with the rest. Considering he has stroke damage and a bad back I think he does pretty well. It is just sad and scary to see him deteriorating.