Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Tuesday Morning

I took 3 doses of Excedrin yesterday, on an empty stomach, or with diet soda.  Then I took my lithium and friends at dinner.  Cue pretty bad nausea. 

I finished cooking my beef stew, and put it in the fridge after I let it cool down, went to bed. 

I kept waking up.  Ron made some noise, so did the cats.  I still had residual caffeine in my system.  I finally fell asleep, only to be awakened by Ron. 

I am not sure if it is talking in his sleep, or talking at the television, but he does it every now and then.  He stops if I yell at him to shut up but I am already awake by then. 

Then he was making noise, which turned out to be eating jerky.  I finally got up around 7. 

I had a plant protein shake (no calcium so the iron absorbs better, I can taste it in my mouth), that settled my stomach pretty well.  The flavor is hard to describe but pea soup meets vanilla shake is pretty close.  I got it mixed OK - I had problems with it at first but I have figured it out: add more water.  I chugged it down.  They strongly suggest drinking it in 10 minutes.  I did.

It's not flavorful but my body likes it.  I am full forever after one of these shakes, I can take my iron, and I'm getting 20 g protein.  So it hits most of the targets. 

I plan to buy another tub the next time I go to Walmart. 

I was OK until I took my iron and Wellbutrin - got queasy again.  I am going to give it a little longer to digest and then take my pepto pills.  Oh, I need to put those on my list.  Done. 

I keep an open list on my cell phone (I have a list app) and add things as I need.  My short term memory isn't great so I adjust. 

I think I have been good for Ron in that regard, he loves his digital recorder for making notes of medication times, etc.  He also has "future delivery messages" with his cell phone carrier.  He can record a message about a doctor's appointment and set it to send him a message the day before the appointment so he can make a trip, and be there. 

We do alright most days, between us. 

It's supposed to rain later today.  I could probably go out and do something BUT I have no money, and that fence is down at the very aggressive dog's yard.  The one that tried to "get" me just walking by, across the street.  I'm going to wait until that is resolved before I go out again.  I cannot afford to be mauled, and the resident is a renter so no assets if I did get attacked.  I will have Ron call animal control later and get that handled. 

The fence is broken enough the dog can get out.  I assume it is roaming the neighborhood.  One big reason I bought a stun gun, which should arrive today.  Between that, time, and animal control they should have it handled.  There are a lot of families with small kids that walk around in that area, and the school bus stop is right across the street from the house. 

I don't wish pain on anyone, or even the dog, but I am sure this will be handled in short order. 

No comments: