Tuesday, January 1, 2019

"It's not (your) fault you believe in the wrong god"

I didn't sleep very well.  My area sounds like Armageddon on July 4th and New Years.  Last night was no exception. 

I got up, took my shower, fed the cats.  I found Ron wearing his inside-out hoodie, in bed, looking very cozy.  I thought it was cute. 

I explained 1.  It was inside out and 2. a shirt had to be worn underneath.  He thought it was "stupid" but put on a t-shirt, and turned his hoodie right side out.  I got him dressed and we headed off for work. 

He has been doing an odd thing lately.  He tells the driver he has been blind his whole life, and he is tired of being blind, and wants the driver to (convert) "believe" so "I can get my sight back".  1.  He never really had vision to begin with and 2.  It doesn't work like that at all.  But he practically begs them, it is awkward and embarrassing.  He did that twice today that I counted. 

Then, this morning, he told the driver he knew she was having an affair with a man in a relationship (he knew no such thing, we never met this woman before in our lives) and proceeded to lecture her, in between begging her to "believe, so I can get my sight back".  They don't make a pill big enough for this, let me tell you. 

The driver was very nice about it.  But I was horrified.  Ron never talks about being blind, or missing out, so I suppose that is a good thing, but WHAT?

We got to work, it was very hectic.  Ron "let" me help him in a logical way instead of running back and forth.  We got it all done. 

We barely made it out in time to get to the bank.  This time, Ron lectured the driver about the Mark of the Beast (Revelation 13 and 14).  We got to the bank and OH. 

It was closed.  [bad word]  Of course it was closed, I kept forgetting it was a holiday.  The driver was all freaked out and said he "had to call it in". 

I asked him, firmly, not to do so, we would call OURSELVES a cab and get home that way.  He said he had to call it in.  Why?  I asked him.  He couldn't answer, other than to say the bank was closed. 

I should have reminded him we were not "AR" (slow), but I didn't, I just repeated we would call a cab, we were FINE, and PLEASE don't call it in. 

He said they would "fix" it.  I said they would give us penalty marks for doing so and we really didn't want that.  He said OK, but he stayed there a while after we got out. 

Ron called Alex, who was there in several minutes.  It is nice to have a couple of cab guys who are close to us.  We went home. 

Ron and I both thanked God we had not brought the jar of 2,000 nickels with us to the bank.  That would have been a nightmare.  I took a nap. 

We got up later and got ready to go to the Waffle House.  On the way there, Ron did the whole "Believe so I can get my sight back" thing and also kept asking the driver if he was a muslim.  The guy had a muslim name, but I did not tell Ron that until later.  Ron kept saying things like "It's not muslims' fault they believe in the wrong god" etc.  I was horrified, but the driver took it in stride.  After we got out I told Ron the driver's name and he laughed.  He thought it was funny. 

We had an extra long time there (that's what the scheduling computer gave us) so we took our time eating.  Everyone there was very nice and we had a good meal. 

We had a good ride home, but Ron did the Mark of the Beast lecture again. 

Now, let me be clear.  Witnessing, sharing one's faith, should be a part of a Christian walk.  But you have to do the entire walk, not just pieces.  Drunkeness is condemned in the Bible.  Husbands are to respect their wives.  No cursing or taking God's name in vain.  The Bible says blessing and cursing cannot come from the same mouth, but they do.  IMO, Ron needs to work on his entire faith structure before rolling around preaching at the drivers. 

He won't hear it from me, though, so I will leave it to God to correct him.  It is just frustrating, especially when he is accusing people of having affairs or making critical remarks about other faiths.  There is a way to share your faith without condemning the other person.  But [sigh] I can't share that with him. 

So I leave it up to God.  Ron decided to make trips for tomorrow so we do not have the day off.  The problem with that is we have to go to bed at 6 PM tomorrow night so we can get up at 2 AM on Thursday to get our soda delivery.  So it's going to be a short day. 

But some bright spots: that bar of soap is going strong, and still smells great.  My bed is warm and comfortable.  Torbie still loves her house, and got on me a couple of times for petting today.  Even Baby Girl is getting more affectionate.  Biscuit is his usual batty self, the weather has been pretty warm for winter so he's spent a lot of time outside in his cat cage. 

And I had better get to bed because I have to get up at 4.  #19 is having a party and has been setting off fireworks tonight so it may be hard to sleep.  But we'll see. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is he starting to hallucinate?

Heather Knits said...

No, he only did once that I know of. About 25 years ago he took too many "Jet alert" caffeine pills and had a "bad trip". He was hearing things and I had to take him home and put him to bed. He never touched caffeine pills after that.

He's just working out his faith. I commend him for trying to share his faith, I think that is good, but he has to watch how he treats me, and the drivers, if he is going to do that. Because that is a bad witness and grieves God. I don't want to grieve God.

More on that in today's post.

Anonymous said...

He’s not trying to share his faith. He’s trying to be an asshole.

Heather Knits said...

He's trying to share his faith, in an incredibly offensive manner. He is just going about it all wrong. That is not how "we" share the love of Jesus.

I did think it was considerate of Ron to offer to buy a meal, even if the driver didn't take him up on it.