Sunday, January 27, 2019

A migraine and a delivery

I had to eat my dinner in 5 minutes last night, but I did it. 

I always wonder how much you want to hear about what we go through with paratransit.  I'll keep it short. 

Ron planned "45 minutes" at the restaurant.  Our ride to go was late.  He had a very ugly tantrum and tried to "forbid" me from talking to the driver because "It makes them slow".  I don't like to play head games, so I don't "obey". 

Ride was a good 20 minutes late, and then took probably 10-15 minutes to get there.  We had about 20 minutes to eat when we got there.  Ron got on the phone and said he had "fixed" the ride to come half an hour later.  So I relaxed. 

You can imagine how I felt when, after ordering, a driver walked in looking for us.  Pickup in 10 minutes.  The guy did not fix Ron's trip. 

A lot of chaos ensued but I managed to gobble my meal, pay, and get him out in time for our pickup.  He found the restaurant too noisy, the children in particular, and wanted to get out of there! 

We got home, I called my parents.  Torbie likes it when I get on the phone, sitting in my chair.  It means lap time and she takes it!  She gets in my lap for petting, while I talk.  She has done this the last couple times.  I don't talk on the phone that often. 

Chuck had called to say his clutch was dead.  So he is going to be out of order for a while.  I had to figure out something for groceries.  I looked at Aldi first but they didn't have a lot of choices.  I had been interested in them because I've never been there. 

I decided to to with Walmart.  They have done a big campaign lately to promote their pickup and delivery service.  Of course I would be interested in the delivery. 

I liked what I saw and went to bed without buying anything.  I slept pretty well but woke up with a horrific headache.  Sort of a proto-migraine.  I am functional enough so not calling it "migraine" - but bad. 

Bad enough I got up at 6 and took some Excedrin.  I drank a Diet Mountain Dew (sometimes caffeine helps) and even had a powdered energy drink that was surprisingly good. 

Ron was awake and wanted to tell me all about the "horrible" book he was reading, in great detail, then went back to reading it and shouted at me every time I "bothered" him (not much!). 

I got back on the computer, this time with my cell phone and list app open to my Walmart list.  I picked out my items.  I got shouted at twice, once for asking him if he wanted motion sickness pills, and another time if he wanted jerky.  He had given me money which I had put in my account for times like this.  The answer was yes, to both. 

I picked everything and stayed under budget.  I even had enough to buy some crock pot liners for a friend.  They didn't have the blueberry drink mix I had liked so much but I have to go in later this week anyway.  I even got cat food, they had my guys' favorite flavor. 

I had a little trouble checking out.  Apparently I had set up an account many years ago.  I reset the password and then I was good.  I had 2 choices, delivery at noon for $10, or delivery after that for $8.  I want to take a nap today so I picked noon. 

I accidentally left substitute if not in stock, "on" so I may get some things I didn't plan on, but it's a learning curve.  Considering this headache I am just happy I could do it. 

I also selected send me text alerts, so I will be kept in the loop.  I don't live that far from the store, which is the really sad thing in the whole equation.  I have to pay $40 round trip, or a $10 fee, I can't just go.  But $10 is a lot cheaper. 

That accomplished, I got a little money for a tip (you knew that was coming).  YES they get a wage but if someone delivers something to me, especially 12 cans of cat food, I am going to be the "good" stop.  I have it next to my phone. 

Then I used the toilet.  I made a joke earlier about not telling you about bathroom issues, but I will need to share some.  Our toilet is getting progressively worse.  I have been OK with that as long as what is put into it gets taken out. 

This time, my "no clog" toilet clogged.  I had a migraine.  And I had to plunge the damned thing because Ron's crippled, and would have been utterly awful to me had I asked for help.  He blames me if the toilet clogs, makes a lot of ugly comments, gets angry, and I end up plunging anyway. 

That is a good test of a man, how does he react when the toilet backs up!   I will have to remember that for my next one (Ron's a lot older than me, he's going first). 

So I stood over the toilet plunging and plunging and my head was RAGING and I just wanted to puke and curl up with an icepack on my head.  But I had to keep plunging because one more flush with it clogged and it would have overflowed.  Then I'd have a real mess on my hands.  I went, and went, and struggled, and cursed, and prayed. 

I didn't think of this when I married a disabled man.  I really thought I would have to call a plumber. 

I finally figured [censored] it, got undressed, got in the shower.  I needed a shower anyway. 

I would just bathe, and attack it later.  I put my glasses away (well away from Ron's reach) and climbed in, started running the water.  The toilet made a burping noise, a belch, and some bubbling noises.  What now?  I got out and got my glasses. 

It had cleared.  I took my shower, put my glasses on again, and flushed.  It worked as well as it does.  OK.  It is not going to overflow all over Ron, that is all I cared about. 

I got back on the computer, and took some more Excedrin.  I feel very unpleasantly accelerated from the caffeine.  Ron finished his book and came out to talk. 

Now I'm just waiting on my delivery. 

No comments: