Monday, January 21, 2019

This morning

It was a long day.  We went to work.  As usual, I helped Ron stock, then did my work while he sorted change.  I had to take more Excedrin but I was able to do the lifting, etc. 

One customer yelled at me because, basically, people are buying things from the vending machines.  According to her, they should be 100% stocked at ALL times, and any sign of sales is a sign of failure on my part.  Oh, and she never buys anything. 

I get that a lot, I have dozens of items in the machines.  I think Ron tallied it up and he sells over 2 dozen sodas.  But if ONE item is out some people will scream, even though they can get it, right down the hall, at the other vendor. 

Or, my favorite, they yell at me because we don't sell something the other vendor does.  Like the pickle chips.  I got shouted at by one woman because we don't sell them.  I said we had never sold them.  She tried to tell me we had, then realized she had bought them all from the other vendor.  Finally admitted she only eats them when pregnant. 

That doesn't sound like something I should use to replace a "good seller". 

Anyway, finished up, went home.  We had good rides all day today. 

We got home and I laid down for a while after checking on my stew (it looks good, through the lid).  I was pretty wound up from the caffeine and tried to sleep.  Torbie came and lay with me, in her house.  She loves her house.  I got a little sleep. 

I woke up when the alarm went off.  Ron wanted to go to Denny's and get his free birthday meal.  The store near us has been so badly run we stopped going. 

Someone we know, knows the owner of that Denny's.  He wanted to know why we stopped going, we told him the truth, constantly out of basic stuff.  Excuses all the time.  Out of Diet Coke for over a month (when we stopped going), with a Sam's Club and 5 gallons of Diet Coke syrup for sale at $80 a case.  10 minutes for someone in a car.   We're not worth 10 minutes. 

But we heard they had a new owner so we decided to check them out.  Our friend asked for a report, so he could pass it along. 

Our ride was pretty punctual, and it was a straight trip (I told you, good rides today).  We got there.  I was happy they had moved the seat so I could push Ron up to the table. 

They brought the menu.  Ron showed his ID card.  I read Ron the menu.  He ordered.  "Oh, so sorry, we don't have any fruit salad".  They are literally half a mile from a huge grocery store, AND a SuperWalmart besides.  No one could go and buy a couple bunches of grapes and a bunch of bananas?  Not looking good. 

They did have everything else we ordered, and they did have the diet Coke.  We ate our meal.  I had eggs but I could tell they weren't agreeing with my pills.  I asked for a dessert.  "Oh, sorry, we're out of vanilla ice cream" - again, just a few miles from SAM'S, half a mile from two huge grocery stores, and no one can be bothered to run and get some ICE CREAM? 

I sent our guy a text, with the shortages, and then told him "Wouldn't go back".  And I won't.  I would rather go to the Waffle House.  They are much better stocked. 

Our ride came, we paid, left a tip.  They did give Ron his birthday discount. 

We had a nice driver take us home.  She was ranting about a terrible experience she had at that store, how they wouldn't let her sit at her usual spot, which was empty, instead trying to stick her "by the kitchen".  We got home. 

Ron laid down after I put his food away.  I got online and bought him the flash drives he requested.  He didn't ask for much, just "a couple of flash drives".  I got him 3, two of one type, one of another.  I also got myself a stun gun. 

I believe the political climate, and national mood, will get worse.  I believe, in some of "my" places, I will become a target.  I believe I should carry a stun gun unless I am at work.  I looked at some soap I had checked out recently, but couldn't justify the price ($7).  I just stuck with the electronics. 

And, during checkout, I had the option for free ONE day shipping.  Ooooh!  I took it.  Ron, like a lot of people, wants his stuff RIGHT NOW.  So he doesn't know it's coming tomorrow.  It will be a nice surprise. 

Hopefully he has learned his lesson about backing up files.  By the way, I need him to update the flash drive he gave me with the newest files.  It is about a month out of date. 

It's going to be cold, and rain, tomorrow.  So Ron gave me the day off.  I will sleep in and probably do some housework. 

But my garbage can is almost full so I can't toss much. 

I haven't tried the stew yet, I plan to give it another hour, then let it cool some.  Ron agreed to "try" it and give me his opinion.  Once I get that I will finish prepping my meat bags with the vegetables, spices, and stock, then freeze them. 

I hope he likes it.  If he does, I still remember what I did this morning. 


No comments: