Sunday, January 6, 2019

A trip to Walmart

I slept pretty well last night, woke up with a headache that has proven persistent. 

I started doing my daily activities and was just about to get in the shower when Ron got up.  He was yelling a lot in the bedroom so I figured his back was acting up. 

He came out in his wheelchair and confirmed it.  Yes, his back was very bad.  He planned to drink a lot of vodka to "help" it, and he had cancelled my trip to Walmart. 

I'll take a moment to whine here.  I had plans.  Now I do not.  Well, I have a call in to Chuck's voicemail so we will see.  I will pay him, like Ron says "Cars don't run on air". 

In the meantime, Ron was in the kitchen knocking back one shot after another, saying "This is a lot" even for him! 

I took my shower, I heard some yelling in the kitchen during but I did not get out.  When I got out Ron was in his bed (thank God) and mostly passed out.  I hear a yelp now and then but he's pretty quiet now. 

So I will have to see how my day will go.  Last week Chuck was happy to take me to the store.  But what about this week?  He could be sick (he has a condition but I won't say any more than that). 

From what I can tell (I did go exploring) I broke a chunk of filling off, but most of it is in place.  I just can't chew on that side (I don't want to risk losing more!).  I just have this pointy part sticking up like a tack.  [sigh]

Oh, well, I had a lot of fillings done about 20 years ago.  They don't last forever.  From a quick google search, mine have lasted a lot longer than the norm.  And it's only the one, back molar on the left, lower.  I'm not going to go around telling everyone because only a dentist can fix it.  But I will have Ron call the dentist again tomorrow, after we see the pain doc, see if I can get in this week. 

Ew.  If the filling broke (it did) and I was eating it means I ate the filling.  Ugh.  Thank God it wasn't a crown. 

Here I am with Ron in a blackout and I'm going on about my tooth.  I guess because the blackout has become commonplace. 

There are many things I admire and respect about Ron, most times he has a very good worth ethic.  He believes in being a good provider and takes pride in paying all the bills.  Well, most of them.  I pay for my own cell phone and health insurance. 

He takes good care of the cats, if anything he overfeeds them.  But that is a lot better than some mangy, skinny, thing out in the yard, riddled with fleas.  He has offered to pay for some, if not all, of the $200 flea treatments required next month (Bravecto, works very well for my 3).  He tries to feed me by taking me out (you may not agree, but I appreciate it when I'm depressed).  I could go on, but you get the idea.  He has empathy for what I have been through, just not what he has put me through. 

I just wish his back had been up for the trip to Walmart.  It was only going to be about 40 minutes, enough for me, not too long for him.  If Chuck can't help me today it will probably be the end of the week before I get to Walmart. 

Monday is work and pain doctor.  Tuesday is my doctor (pretty much an all day).  Wednesday is work and bank.  Remember, in an ideal world I get a nap in there somewhere. 

And Chuck just called, we are on.  He sounds up for an outing.  Now I need to go get some money out of Ron's wallet to pay him. 

Ron did say he would pay for my ride to Walmart today.  I would never get into his wallet otherwise. 

No comments: