Sunday, January 27, 2019

Delivery rated

I finished putting the order in about 7:45.  The earliest time they said they had was noon today.  I said OK and paid $2 extra for that. 

I laid down for a while and got up around 11:20.  I got dressed, got a message around 20 till that the driver had left the store with my stuff. 

I like the sugar free drink mix, and had ordered some of that.  They didn't have it in stock so they subbed it, but with stuff I think will work. 

She showed up just before noon.  I opened the garage door.  She had a helper with her and we got everything put up in one trip (I put it in the garage, then shut the door and put everything in the house, so the cats wouldn't escape).  I gave her the tip, which she loved. 

I am saying I did this because Walmart has an option, after your order, to tip, so clearly they are OK with this. 

I checked the order, everything was there and in good shape.  I put some of it away.  Ron got his jerky and motion sickness pills, I got my stuff.  All in good shape and pretty painless for a woman with a migraine. 

I would give them five stars, and will definitely do this again.  I rated them online as well. 

If someone is doing a good job they deserve to hear about it. 

It will be a very nice option when I don't have other options.  Even with a tip, this is less than the cost of cab fare, one way, so very viable option. 

Now I'm going to go lie down again.  I still feel pretty awful. 

At least now I have something to eat when I feel better. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems like this is the best option! I’m so glad it worked out for you today. $40 round trip with a verbally abusive turd of a man in tow, or $10 plus a tip and a friendly person delivering your stuff. Do the Walmart delivery more often!

Anonymous said...

If Ron’s motion sick pills are meclazine that could be worsening his behavior as well . Just a thought?

Spankadoo said...

I agree I love delivery groceries so much less stress and I do not impulse buy. I like ordering Uber eats as well but only when they offer free or less than $3 delivery charges

Heather Knits said...

He takes the Meclizine occasionally.

When I spend $40 I have Chuck with me, and he is considerate, or I am by myself. I have never spent money to go to Walmart with Ron because the service will take us for "free".

Anonymous said...

But he likes to take the cab home from everywhere because he’s so impatient

Heather Knits said...

He really only gets impatient at work. Doesn't really take a cab from many places, off hand I can only think work and bank.

What we take to the bank looks very impressive if you don't know it's $1 bills. One time a driver walked in on us and made a lot of comments about how "rich" we were. We realized we could get in big trouble and end up getting robbed, loose lips and all.

SO we started taking a cab home from the bank. We leave when we want (it is also in a bad area) and no drivers to "spy" on us because we only call when we're done. That's just safety and I am completely on board with that.

Work, when we're done, we're done, but paratransit doesn't accept that. We don't do that very often.

Can't think of any other instance where I am with Ron and we take a cab home, other than those.

Anonymous said...

"He really only gets impatient at work." Not true there have been plenty of times you went out to eat and he has called a cab because he didn't want to wait.