Saturday, January 26, 2019

Finally got the flea drops

I slept pretty well and got up early, took my shower, got dressed, helped Ron.  I fed the cats and got ready to go. 

Our ride came on time.  Ron did the whole "I am blind because you don't believe in Jesus" thing.  I do not think I will tell my parents about that development when we talk today.  Ron said he was going to keep (harassing) the driver until she "believed".  It doesn't work that way at all. 

I made a joke about talking about my cats the whole trip, every trip, which is pretty much what Ron is doing.  He didn't process it. 

We went in and I parked him at a table.  It was slightly wobbly but he wasn't sitting there so it didn't matter.  Well, it did to him.  While I shopped he got a manager over there and they "fixed" the table for him. 

I went and bought everything we needed.  I got a little out of breath pushing the cart, which had about 15 cases of bottled drinks on it, not counting the canned soda and snacks. 

I did not have a headache today.  My body likes lentils. 

Oh, about the lentils, I cooked them down into a nice thick stew.  I don't like runny lentils.  I added some more spice as I cooked and I am very happy with how they turned out. 

Jack came, we went to work.  I got everything loaded into the fridge/stockroom and helped Ron.  I was at a busy point of the day, hustling, I walked past a woman seated at a table.  She was not disabled.  Very few overtly disabled people at work. 

Anyway, I walked past.  She stuck a dollar out at me and said she wanted "One of those Diet Cokes".  She was seated perhaps 7 feet from the vending machine that sells Diet Coke.  The machine was working.  I smiled at her and told her the drinks on my cart were hot, but I had "some nice cold ones in that vending machine over there" and walked away. 

How lazy can you get!  "I won't walk 3 steps to a vending machine, you sell it to me".  Some people want me to do that.  They want to make me sell them something, they don't want to use a machine because they can't boss it around. 

Then we had the woman with a $20.  She was not sick.  I was busy so I checked it to make sure it was a real $20 and Ron gave her the change.  He longer makes change alone because he had a problem with a woman who gave him a $1 bill, told him it was a $20, and got change.  Ron didn't ask anyone to check it because everyone was honest, right? 

Wrong.  I caught her and her buddy laughing about it when I caught up to them.  You never saw someone settle down as fast as they did when they saw Heather, "The Pit Bull" coming for them.  She gave me a $20 and said she was "kidding". 

I had another incident where a woman stole soda from Ron, started walking off with it.  I shouted at her to stop and give it back.  She said she was "kidding" and "it would have been so funny to see Ron react when the soda was gone".  I told her no one was laughing and give it back or I would contact the in-plant police.  She did, still protesting it was "a joke".  She never tried it again. 

Ron said, regarding the change, sometimes he gets people who approach him "for change" when I am not around.  He always tells them he is sorry, but he can't do it, and why.  Then they try to guilt him into "just this one time, I'm not like her" etc.  But when I come back and Ron asks aloud does anyone still want change, they are silent.  I think they are also trying to scam him. 

At any rate, the usual stock and stuff (all the purchases, in the stockroom) we do on Saturday.  Since we went in yesterday it didn't need much. 

Ron informed me he had cancelled our ride home, they were going to come very late, there wasn't anything to do (not much) and he wanted to go.  So, once I got everything stuffed we left and called Arturo. 

He came in about 10 minutes.  We decided to go back to the vet (they had called Ron and told him they were for certain open today) and get the flea medicine.  Ron had given me the $200 for it.  Thank God.  That's a huge bite out of my budget.  Cats are worth it.  But glad he paid for it. 

He said he would "try", and he did.  He does a pretty good job of funding the cats.  I do all the work but he helps buy the food, takes me to the pet store, etc. 

We went to the vet and the open sign was not lighted.  I got out and tried the door anyway, and it opened.  I went in and paid for the medicine, made a joke about Biscuit needing a "cat-band".  We went home. 

Torbie sniffed the bag intently, Ron said it must have smelled like other cats.  I took a nap with Torbie and Biscuit, for a little bit. 

#6 was making noise, lots of door opening (he got a dark red door and has a light pink home, it clashes horribly, but it is "big and fancy" - it also makes a lot of noise when they open/close it.  So I had to hear that.  Then lots of noise from next door, garbage can.  He had another guy with him in the driveway when we pulled up so I assume they are doing yet more remodeling work.  Then they turned on the music.  I am so sick of mexican music. 

Got through that, they finally turned it down, and Ron started making noise in his room.  I finally said screw it and got up.  Watched a little TV and got on the computer. 

My package from Swanson arrives Wednesday.  Everything else is pretty quiet online.  I had no comments on the blog :( . 

Ron said he wanted to buy me dinner so I am going to "let" him.  Our ride comes in about 20 minutes so I had better get ready. 

I will catch you later. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some bits of ham sounds good with lentils

Anonymous said...

I'll be gentle but some of your blog lately has been t.m.i for me :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to get the meds for the cats. We love em but yes they are expensive. Our rescue cat had to have 3 teeth removed that were rotted to the bone. Cost almost $300 for that but it was worth it. I think we have spent about $1500 on him since we got him almost 3 years ago for various issues he had from previous owners.

Spankadoo said...

Sending you strength love and the knowledge life does NOT have to be this kind of struggle OOOXXX

Heather Knits said...

"Free" cats aren't! :)

But we love them and they love us. Torbie is in my TV chair right now enjoying my scent as she naps. I am very flattered and wouldn't dream of disturbing her.

Heather Knits said...

I did put up a warning on TMI parts.

I could do a really horrifying blog about our toilet habits (his and mine) and the toilet, but I wouldn't do that to anyone!

Suffice to say, still having trouble with the toilet. It was so great in the beginning.