Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Wednesday adventures

Ron often holds things up, asking me what they are.  He does it a lot.  Usually, I don't mind, but I was pretty sick with a bad headache this morning. 

"Heather, what's this?" holding up a can of juice. 

"Poison".  It just popped out.   He didn't think it was funny but I do. 

I managed to whack the headache but I was pretty tired.  I watched some TV after getting on the computer for a while. 

Ron drank and went to bed.  I took a nap with Biscuit and Torbie.  Torbie was in her haus, (house) her tail hanging out of the opening, purring.  Very cute.  Biscuit laid on my legs. 

I was cold so I turned on the heated mattress pad.  Biscuit really liked that and lay on the bare sheet.  Torbie got bored and climbed me (I was lying on my side, like a mountain range), stood on top of my ribs for a moment, and then got down on the other side.  My phone rang, waking me up. 

I put "important" people in my phone book.  If you are not in the phone book I am not answering your call.  I will check any messages left, but usually delete them after a few seconds.  It's called "Whitelisting", I've been told. 

Then the helicopters came, circling over the house.  This happens periodically as we are near a "bad" freeway exit and it experiences the occasional wreck.  The public wants the grisly footage on the nightly news so they "have" to send the helicopter to hover, get the payoff shot of someone being loaded on a backboard next to their wrecked car, etc.  Which means I don't get any sleep because the damned helicopters are very loud. 

I finally got up.  I unplugged my stun gun (I had put it on to charge for a while) and stuck it in my pocket.  That aggressive dog is still around, as far as I know.  The stun gun fits well in my pocket, that is good to know.  I will carry it to the mailbox, I am only a couple of very short blocks from the bad dog. 

I have been almost attacked by dogs on many occasions, but only once attacked by a strange cat.  Even then, she started off friendly, then suddenly turned on me.  Answer to that, be careful about petting strange cats. 

The other times I got attacked by a cat in my own home, I was trying to give them medicine and I understood. 

I brought in the trash can, literally brought it into the garage.  The homeowner's association was all upset that I had them in my driveway. 

I was just reminded of one episode of Hoarders.  A guy lived in a house with no plumbing.  His solution to that: put plastic liners in the toilet, defecate in the plastic, wrap it up, and throw it in his neighbor's trash can.  Can you imagine finding out the guy next door is putting all his feces in your garbage can?  Even more alarming, he said his neighbor was OK with it.  So maybe it's a good idea to keep that can locked up. 

Simple math says there must be a couple of hoarders, at least, in my subdivision. 

I made room for it in the garage (barely enough room to get Ron in and out, now) and parked it.  Then I cleaned out the lower cabinet in the kitchen.  I had some old split peas in there and, based on the trouble cooking the last batch of lentils, I don't want old beans if I can avoid them. 

I will buy more when I do my supply run. 

Ron got up and we planned our trips for tomorrow.  It was nice just going out in the (attached) garage to throw away the empty vodka bottle.  I don't mind doing that one.  It hogs up the sink or trash bag under the sink, easier to just throw it in the can. 

The cats got out in the garage (that's OK as long as we're not leaving) and investigated the trash can intently sniffing at it.  I figure the black cat must have peed on it.  But they're inside and he's not, so who won that round? 

I am tired of beef stew.  I will ask Ron if he wants some, and then, if he doesn't, freeze what is left in a labeled bag. 

Then most likely eating some precooked quinoa for dinner.  It comes already cooked in a microwavable bag.  I just take it out and nuke it, let it cool down, cut it open, and (I) eat right out of the bag.  It is filling, has carbs and protein, and gets along with my medication. 

Tomorrow I will likely make some lentils in beef stock.  I still have some stock left from making the stew. 

That's it for now.  We work pretty early tomorrow so I need to go to bed early. 

No comments: