Wednesday, January 2, 2019

The moment of truth: I tell him

I went to bed, my tooth was bothering me, but I managed to fall asleep.  I woke up with my tooth YELLING at me, around 10:45 PM, so I got up and took an Advil. 

Ron had bought a fair amount of Advil liquid gels during the worst of his back, a big bottle and a small one.  They didn't work for him.  We gave the big bottle to someone at work who has a bad foot, and I kept the small one just in case.  I discovered, by accident, they are excellent for dental pain.  So I got up and took 2, went back to bed, and fell asleep quickly.  It didn't bother me for the rest of the night. 

Another nice thing, it will help with my female problem in the cycle that will not end.  It goes on and on, my friend.  But I am taking plenty of iron for that and will get it checked out when I can.  Certain NSAIDS, like Advil, restrict blood flow so that should help. 

I got up early.  I just woke up about a half hour before the alarm.  OK.  I laid in bed for a while.  Was I sure I was ready?  Yes.  Biscuit was thrilled.  I got up and brushed my teeth, then fed him (usual sequence).  I brushed my hair, took my shower, etc.  Ron woke up.  We talked. 

He got dressed, including his hoodie.  He says he is getting better at doing the zipper, every time.  He is just out of practice. 

Between us, he could probably use ongoing physical and occupational therapy, but who's going to pay for that, and he can do it at home, what he can.  He was dressed. 

Our ride came early.  It was the driver who - doesn't hate Ron, but he annoys her and she finds him very aggravating.  One one occasion she has shouted at him to shut up.  I told Ron to "be nice" and quiet for the driver, she "doesn't need it, this early". 

He wanted to know if he had told her about the Mark of the Beast.  She said yes, emphatically.  He kept calling her by male pronouns (she did have a lower octave) and I kept correcting him. 

He asked her to take a certain route to Sam's Club and I said he would be quiet if she did.  She took the route Ron wanted, and I kept reminding him he said he would be quiet.  So, for him, he did great. 

We got there right as they opened and I got Ron in the store.  I bought 2 cases each of water, and Coke bottles.  God has given me a decent back to do the lifting even at my weight. 

Ron had wanted a quick run to work, after all, we were supposed to have today off.  He made the trips close together and the computer messed it up.  In addition to having our ride to work pick us up late, they had another pickup.  Then our ride from work was coming early so it didn't look good. 

However, the "to work" driver got the other guy quickly - like Ron, he was one of those "10 minutes 'till my pickup time so I'm not coming out a minute early" guys.  Ron got a little impatient but not overly so.  The man was blind, and going to dialysis. 

If it's me, I'm looking at quality of life.  I believe I am saved and God will accept me into heaven.  I'm not sticking around for dialysis, blind, most likely nerve disease too, 3x a week.  Nope.  But we have picked this guy up, off and on, for years.  I guess he feels like he has a good quality of life but it's not one I would want. 

We got to work, and I put Ron outside in his hoodie, with the sodas.  I ran into the building (bag search and ID check by security) and got a cart, then came out and loaded the cart.  It was drizzling.  I had Ron near a curb so he didn't want to move.  I did move him so his face was away from the wind.  Then back into the building to shove it all in the fridge.  Thank God for my back. 

I put the cart away, said Hi to Mike, and came back out.  All plenty of time before our next ride.  I brought Ron in the building to warm up a little and we went out about 8 minutes before the pickup time.  And I saw a cab pulling into the visitor parking lot.  I got Ron out there. 

I got Ron loaded (someone in the front seat) and got in the backseat with him.  The driver put up the wheelchair.  We headed off. 

The other client was a nice guy, actually seriously disabled.  After he left, (going to work) I told Ron it is good to see people who need it, riding.  So many of them are obese older women and I have to wonder if they are just lazy and don't want to walk to the bus stop or pay car expenses.  Many of them have no apparent, overt, disability.  That doesn't mean they aren't, it's just not obvious and I wonder who all they are letting ride. 

They are getting stricter about who rides now so hopefully that will be ending.  They have a third party doing the certifications so that will hopefully avoid claims of "discrimination". 

We got home, it was raining harder.  I got the garbage can put up and got Ron in the house (Ron went in, first).  I asked him how he had liked his jacket.  He said he loved it. 

And then, the moment of truth: "What do they call this, anyway?" he queried, feeling the fabric.  I told him "It's a hoodie".  Ron said he hated the name.  I told him it was slang for "hooded sweatshirt".  I reminded him how much he said he liked it, and he agreed.  He asked me to hang it up.  I did. 

He is still concerned it not pick up cat hair on the bed.  And the cats like to sleep on our clothes if they get a chance so it's a good thing to hang it up. 

It was still raining.  Ron had a trip to go out later.  He wanted to cancel, so I told him to go ahead.  He did.  He made the trips for tomorrow.  Yeah, he did.  Apparently we are eating Mexican tomorrow night, for dinner. 

I have to get up tomorrow at probably 2AM.  I took a nap, slept as late as I could (about 4 hours).  I woke up with a headache and took something, which means I will be up for a while.  Torbie slept with me, which was nice.  She is wandering around now. 

Baby Girl is on her box and I'm not sure about Biscuit.  It rained heavier for a few hours during my nap but it is dry now.  At some point I will need to eat and take my pills, probably one of my cans of spaghettios. 

I think Ron also called and verified our delivery for tomorrow, during my nap.  If so that is great.  Last time we went in and no delivery.  We were not happy. 

That's it for now. 

No comments: