Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Another [censored] headache

I cooked dinner, fed Ron (managed to get him to eat!), went to bed early (around 8).  I slept pretty well but woke up with a nasty headache. 

It was 3 AM.  I have to assume this is a combination of various factors, including hormonal (still no spotting or cycle).  I will just have to push through it. 

But the headache was pretty bad.  I heard Ron awake (he was quiet enough he didn't wake me up, but loud enough I heard him when I did).  I got up and drank some water, then went back to bed. 

When I was a teenager I loved a boy in my youth group.  We were very proper and never did anything beside hold hands at prayer time, but I would have given him a kidney.  He was very kind, not very good looking, receding hair line and paunch even then, but a good guy. 

One time, on a youth group mission trip to Mexico (I have seen the slums over there, I get it!), I developed a migraine.  He suggested it might be due to dehydration, so whenever I have a headache I try to drink some water.  Sometimes it does help. 

Ron started literally squealing with joy when he heard me turn the faucet.  He is always so happy when I wake up in the middle of the night.  I think that is sweet, he still gets that excited to spend time with me, after nearly 27 years. 

I laid down again for a while but this headache wasn't quitting.  It is more a frontal headache and not one-sided, so probably not a migraine.  Just a really nasty [censored] of a headache. 

I got up, brushed my teeth (Biscuit came on alert when I did that, and started following me around for breakfast), and took some headache pills.  I talked to Ron for a while, before he went back in his room and laid down. 

I did an inventory of my headache pills.  Not counting what I have in the cabinet (a little over 100), I have about 300 pills.  I need to get more.  I go through a lot of headache pills. 

I fed the cats.  Torbie had been nosing around the dinner leftovers, a half dried out can of cat food, and she was quite happy to get some nice fresh dry for a change.  She normally eats last so I was happy to see her eating first, today. 

I finished doing the dishes from last night and set them up to dry.  I am very happy I froze some of the rice from last night, in addition to what I put in with the lentils, so I can just take out a bag and thaw it when I want some rice for a meal.  I also have some "lentils and rice" "meals" in the freezer, just take it out and warm it up.  That will be great when I feel depressed. 

I have some:
rice
Lentils and rice (2 bags)
Cooked beef stew (1 bag)
Raw beef stew with all the fixin's, just need to be thawed and crock pot (2 batches)

Ron has frozen burritos (a lot of them) and TV dinners.  Pretty good for our small freezer.  The fridge works great so I am not inclined to get a new one. 

When we do, we are limited by the available space in the kitchen, which is about 50 square feet.  The fridge has to be about two and a half feet wide, so we won't get one of those huge "family units" they sell these days.  One reason I have a lot of pantry food.  It can live anywhere, not just a fridge. 

No real place to put a stand alone freezer, anyway, and I have a bad feeling, if we got one, I would just fill it up with crap I won't eat, when I get manic. 

I did clean out the bottom of the fridge for my produce delivery.  I got a lot of citrus (blood oranges, grapefruit, lemons), which is seasonal right now, so I don't have to keep that in the fridge.  Let me see what else I got. 

Ginger root
Sugar snap peas
Dates
Grapefruit
Potatoes
Standard orange
Blood orange
Blueberries
Mandarins (mainly for Ron, but I will eat them if he doesn't)
Lemons
Cherry tomatoes (also for Ron, but I will eat them if he won't)

That's a lot better than what I normally eat, which is ZERO fruits and vegetables.  I can supplement that with Walmart produce.  Ron has been supportive of this endeavor.  He wants me to be healthy, even as he takes me out to eat! 

Well, the caffeine kicked in.  Headache is half gone.  I think I will drink another Diet Mountain Dew and look around online for a bit. 

The nice thing about living in a house, I'm not going to wake up the neighbors when I take a shower, whenever that is. 

Later on he is taking me to Walmart.  I was shocked when he offered. 

2 comments:

Jas Walia said...

very interesting, couldn't be write much better, it is really helpful.

Heather Knits said...

An example of the type of spam I occasionally get, I let it through for once.