Monday, January 28, 2019

Mayo tooth

Yesterday I woke up with a crushing headache.  It did not abate all day, got a little better around bedtime, went to bed, it came back and woke me up. 

I got up and got online in the middle of the night.  Ron was thrilled when he woke up and found me awake.  We talked a little bit and I went back to bed. 

Got up this morning, exhausted and a crushing headache.  I was pretty miserable.  But, self-employed, I have no backup, it is just me.  If I don't go nothing happens. 

I drank a Diet Mountain Dew and took some Excedrin.  They didn't really help.  Then I took another Diet Mountain Dew with me on our ride to work.  About halfway to work, the headache erased as if I'd flipped a switch.  Thank God. 

We got to work and I could work, I have to do a lot of heavy lifting in the course of my day.  About 40 pounds is my max.  I helped Ron, got it all done, got the delivery and stocked it. 

At one point we sat down with a couple of sandwiches from our delivery and ate them.  We hardly ever eat together unless we go out.  But we did, today. 

The sandwich was good, but a little dry to my taste.  I told Ron "My Dad would put more mayo". 

Dad loves mayo and used to feed me peanut butter and mayo sandwiches, when he was a single parent.  Sometimes he would make me a fried SPAM sandwich with mayo, on toast, but those were special occasion.  I never knew about peanut butter and jelly until I met my stepmother. 

So Dad always slathered everything he could, in mayo, and lots of it.  We went through it pretty frequently, one of those items always on the list. 

Side note: I do have a theory about that, I believe our brains (Dad's and mine) function better on a high-fat diet and we naturally crave what we need.  It's just a theory. 

The story ends back in 2002.  We had the deli and I helped run the deli AND the vending machines, and, all this time, undiagnosed and unmedicated. 

So, Judy always made the chicken salad for sandwiches.  I was happy to have her do it because everyone liked her cooking. 

One day she called in sick.  Well, crap.  I had to make the chicken salad.  I made what I thought was a good-looking chicken salad and served it to everyone who asked. 

Later on, Debbie (our other girl) came in early and covered for me so I could help Ron stock vending machines and do other work.  We were in the stockroom doing an inventory when a woman knocked on the door. 

I opened the door.  "Are you Heather?" she queried softly.  Yes, I told her, I was.  "Did you make the chicken salad tonight?"  Aw, I thought, I'm getting a compliment!  I proudly told her I had. 

"Honey" she said, reaching forward and putting her hand on my arm.  "Don't ever make the chicken salad, again.  That poor chicken was drowning in mayo." 

Well. 

So, I accept I have more of a mayo tooth than the average person.  Other than that, though, the sandwich was good. 

We went back to work and finished it all, it looked great when we left.  I even had time to squash up all my cardboard before we left. 

We had literally just gotten outside when our ride arrived, 7 minutes early.  We boarded gleefully, happy to be going home.  I was exhausted and ready for a nap. 

Ron was ready for some vodka. 

We had a straight trip home.  While at work, we talked, and Ron, on his own, said he would take me to Walmart tomorrow.  So I don't have to pay $40 for a cab.  Good.  I can take care of everything.  He also had a few additions to the list.  He goes through AAA batteries so fast I think he eats them. 

We got home and he asked me if I had taken "all your crap" off the back of the toilet.  I had all my "lady business" on the back of the toilet. 

On that note, I haven't had any spotting in days now.  So the Wild Yam is really helping. 

I took it all off last night, and told him that.  He straddled the toilet, facing the wall, and took the lid off.  He tinkered with the toilet for a while, cursing a lot and flushing occasionally.  I don't think he "fixed" it but at least he didn't "break" it.  He finished up, put everything back, and went off to drink while I laid in bed with Torbie. 

She was so awesome to me last night.  I put my hand by her house, she was in it, and she stretched out a paw and put it on top of my hand.  She is such a gift, I will never take her for granted. 

I had a pretty good nap, slept pretty hard.  Now I am just waiting to select what items I put in my produce delivery box.  That arrives Friday.  I am a little picky when it comes to vegetables, I don't like radishes, for instance. 

But, as I proved the last time I had produce delivery, if I have it I will eat a lot more than I would have otherwise.  I got the conventional box because I had a bad experience with worms in organic corn, before. 

I have to do something with my lentils tonight.  I got out the rice pot and will make a little rice, and make lentil and rice for dinner.  That should be very soothing.  Then I will freeze lentils & rice to eat later - that's going to be great when I am depressed. 

I'm not hungry yet so I will wait.  It is always better to wait on eating for me during/after a migraine.  I am pretty thirsty though so I have been drinking.  I got some nice orange drink mix yesterday, with my Walmart delivery. 

That worked so well I told everyone about it today. 

That's it for now.  I will come back and post after I do the produce thing. 

No comments: