Friday, January 4, 2019

The magnets

I got up and took my shower, Ron woke up and reminded me he had made lunch plans.  I managed to get us both ready in time for our ride. 

Our ride was a little late but not too bad, and we had a straight ride.  The restaurant had barely opened so it was nice and quiet.  We had a good lunch. 

I did not take my pills at the restaurant, I have had a bad headache all day and had to take some Excedrin at the table while eating.  While eating, I got Ron to call the MRI place and start the setup process for the MRI. 

If we have to go in to see Doc saying "We didn't get the MRI" at least we can say "But we made the appointment for it".  We finished our food, no leftovers, barely got the ride. 

It was another nice driver we like.  She got the wheelchair loaded and asked us about our trip to San Antonio.  We told her on the way home. 

We got home, my headache was marginally better so I took my pills.  Never going to skip those if I can avoid it, while Ron finished the setup for the MRI appointment.  They wanted his Medicare number, date of birth, everything.  He finalized that. 

I took a nap, Torbie joined me and laid on the bed, purring.  What a nice cat.  I slept OK but the headache came back. 

Now, I have never been afraid to try alternative medicine.  Aromatherapy, I have found, does not work well for my headaches.  I don't even try anymore.  But I hadn't tried the magnets and they were sitting right there. 

I recalled the doctor's instructions and got out a thin cloth headband.  I put two magnets on it, positive side facing my head, the other magnet basically holding it in place.  I put on the headband, and, within minutes, felt a lot better.  It works at least as well as the Excedrin.  I am still wearing it now. 

I checked my bank balance, verified everything was OK, and got my cell phone.  Mike's wife (we are friendly) sent me their address.  I had sent her a picture of Torbie in her house, so they could see what I wanted to get them.  Once she saw it she was ready. 

I went to my orders and found the house.  I have had it for about a month now.  I bought it, said it was a gift, no gift receipt, input his address.  Then I bought it (should arrive Sunday) and called her to let her know it was on the way.  She is looking forward to the arrival. 

It comes in a nice big box, so the cats will have fun with that, too. 

I might tease Mike on Monday how did his cats liked their box. 

I got online for a while and watched a little TV.  I plan to go to bed early because we have an early day tomorrow. 

Not only to I have to get up early for work, I also have to work on a weekend!  And I do it every week.  So much for that "easy" life! 

I really wish I made as much money as that one reader thinks I do.  And had that "easy" life with Ron. 

No comments: