Sunday, January 13, 2019

I think Ron is eating my pillow cases

Yay!  Blogger was down for a bit.  Now I can post. 

Chuck came and I went out, got in the SUV (I'm going to call it a "car" for the purposes of quick posting).  I got in the front seat and he looked at me, basically asked what the hell that was on Saturday.  "When Ron called?"  I was baffled. 

"Yes, he seemed drunk?"  Oh, that.  Yes, he is usually drunk at home. 

"He is OK with me taking you to Walmart?"  He acts thrilled whenever you do it.  I gave him his money.

"Oh, OK" he put the car in gear. 

I had a whole list of things to do today.  I forgot to pay the electric bill but I can go back on the bus, Tuesday, if Ron doesn't want to go.  I won't be getting a heavy "thing" to lug home (maybe some soy milk) so I can ride home on public transit. 

First step, fruits and veggies.  I looked around, was not terribly inspired.  I found some mini cucumbers about the time Ron called. I asked him if he would be interested.  He said maybe.  I put some already cleaned celery sticks in the cart for me.  They are good for your blood pressure (a study showed that eating 3 stalks a day brought it down significantly), I like the taste, and it's a good crunch that won't make me fat.  And, only $2.50.  I can do that. 

I am trying to ease back into eating better. 

Then I went and looked for shampoo.  I like to rotate between several varieties, I have them in the shower, half full, "I feel like rose today" and I use it.  It's nice.  I am about 2/3 down on my mint.  I like it a lot, it is very cleansing, cheap, smells good.  They just have not had it at all. 

And they didn't today. 

Then it was vitamin time.  I got some cal-mag-zinc, folic acid (I am not eating any greens), and finally found some iron.  It is half the dose of what I have at home.  I guess they reworked the limits. 

Then I went over to the line and had to wait forever..  Some people brought a whole cart full of various medical things (incontinence pads, etc.) and tried to pay for it on some sort of welfare "card" that "Oh!  Only works at the OTHER drug store!"  very frustrating.  They finally called me up. 

I got up there.  3 prescriptions (turns out no risperdal).  $42 for everything.  I have to say, Trump has cut my pill cost in half.  I am impressed.  And you know I NEVER talk politics.  I got them, checked them, put them in my bag and paid.  Now I had an extra $58 to spend on me!  Excellent. 

She said thank you and goodbye.  I told her I wasn't done yet, and got Ron's pills.  They gave him less this time but I think he will be OK.  I checked it and put it in my bag along with the other pills. 

Then off to drinks.  I got some caffeine free diet soda in case Ron and I do go get his MRI.  I got my Diet Mountain Dew, and I got some Diet Dr Pepper.  Then I got some soda for work, 4 six-packs.  Then I went to the next aisle and got some drinks for me, while Chuck got little bottles of cranberry juice. 

Next, jerky.  Ron had given me $40 just for jerky.  I selected what I knew he liked.  Then some chips for us both, cat food, etc.  Last I bought some skinny hangers (my plastic ones are kind of wide) and yet more pillow cases.  I think Ron eats the pillow cases. 

We checked out.  I had 3 transactions, Chuck, work, and personal.  Finally got that done.  I told Chuck I needed to go to the bank.  We did that, it took a while.  There is always that fast talker up at the counter trying to hustle the teller.  We had to wait about 5 minutes.  I finally made my deposit, health insurance, money for Ron to buy things online, and a little fun money for me (thanks to my cheaper prescriptions!).  Ron had called and begged me to ask Chuck to go to a Taco Bell.  He wasn't crazy about it but he went.  It took forever, the guy in front of me ordered 30 tacos.  They had a lot of staff so that didn't seem to be the problem, but I will never do that again, it was too much stress, and too much waiting for Chuck. 

We went home, and unloaded.  I used my garage door remote so we could just put things in the garage and shut it, then go in the house and fetch it all in. 

One thing I bought today were breakfast sandwiches.  I thought they would be a good way to start my day, get some protein and energy, take my iron pill and antidepressant, what a combo.  Anyway, since I had cleaned out the fridge I had plenty of room in the freezer.  Good thing, because that was a very large box of cheddar sausage breakfast biscuits!  I will get Ron to sample one and maybe I can get him eating them, too.  God knows he could use more everything in his diet. 

Then I put away most of the rest while Ron ate his beloved 5-layer burrito.  Once I had gotten most everything put away, I sat down and ate my lunch, a $5 Chalupa box.  They had given me a cup at the store but I hadn't filled it, Chuck only wants bottle drinks in his car.  So I just put the empty cup, lid, and straw into my bag.  I will use it to make my sugarfree drink mix at home. 

The taco was good, but wanted to fall apart like hard tacos are prone to.  The burrito was good, not fantastic but filling.  The chalupa was pretty good too, it was a supreme and had sour cream on it (always a plus).  I took my pills.  Then, for dessert, I had some crunchy cinnamon things.  They were good too. 

I took a nap and slept OK.  Biscuit and Torbie cuddled with me, Torbie on top of me, putting her paw on my face if I stopped petting her.  I am thinking about taking her with me when I go to the vet next month, and have the vet trim her claws.  Not to hurt her, but to keep her from hurting me!  When trimmed, they are shorter and have blunt tips, but it takes 2 of them, both professionals, to do it.  I wouldn't attempt that on my own.  I would worry it would damage our bond. 

Baby Girl the First never forgave me for the eye drops.  She totally repudiated me and became semi-feral.  She would run from me if she saw me coming.  I should have had her boarded until she ran the course of eye drops, then swooped in to rescue her.  But I messed up and tried to treat her myself (the vet said I could). 

So I will look into it.  If it's reasonable I just might do it.  Torbie's a good cat but those claws! 

I slept pretty good for about an hour but woke up with a pounding headache (maybe Taco Bell food additives).  I got up and took some Excedrin.  Ron said he had made the trips for tomorrow.  He likes to surprise me so I won't look, I know the first pickup time. 

I tried to get litter today but they didn't have "my" brand.  I have enough but I would like some more.  I need to do research, Walmart has a store brand unscented scooping and it's cheap.  I need to start phasing it in so I can see if that will work for the cats instead.  It would be nice to have the store brand available in shortages. 

My mood is better.  I put my new supplements into my pill counter.  They can only help.  And I have good breakfast things now. 

That's it for now! 

No comments: