Friday, January 25, 2019

Trust me, I wanted to zap him today

So, my day. 

Well, I slept pretty good last night.  I got up and took my shower.  I used my new deodorant stone.  I love those things, I don't stink and they last forever.  The trick, wash in shower as usual.  When you get out, DON'T dry your armpits.  Take stone and rub over each pit.  Put it back in the holder.  You are done. 

I have gotten out of the habit of wearing highly scented things.  About 20 years ago I worked in an office, we couldn't wear scented anything due to people with chemical sensitivity.  I know I am sensitive to scents when I have a migraine.  A heavy perfume is like a bat to the head. 

Then working food service with Ron for 20 years, I can't wear perfume because it might transfer to the food, and who wants "Rain Garden" potato chips?  No one, that's who.  Ron has allergies to some fragrance as well, plus my headaches, I just got out of the habit. 

So an unscented deodorant stone works great for me.  I use regular shampoo and soap but that's about it.  I do have some perfume but I very seldom wear it. 

Then I sat on the toilet and decided to remove my tampon from last night.  I had used an ultra.  If my period started, this sucker can take half an ounce and then some.  I couldn't get it.  I tried it a few different ways, nothing. 

This is the first time I have had the issue.  I guessed I had better ask Ron to help.  I went in the bedroom and asked for his help, put his good hand on the string.  I could feel him tugging but nothing.  Then he wanted to get the vice grips but we had a pickup bearing down on us.  I told him not now, and got dressed. 

I did vaguely remember an incident as a young teen.  I just left it in there for a while to think about how naughty it had been, and the next time I tried I got it. 

I got Ron to change his shirt and presentable.  Into the wheelchair.  Got all our crap on the back of the wheelchair.  The vehicle arrived. 

I rolled him out and we boarded.  Then Ron started with his "It's all your fault I'm blind because you won't believe".  He even said it directly to her "It is your fault I am blind."  The driver was, like, WTF they don't pay me for this, turned up her GPS very loud to drown Ron out, and floored it all the way to work. 

Like he did with the other driver, Ron also accused her of cheating "If they'll cheat with you, they'll cheat on you, you're going to hurt if you don't stop that".  WHAT the hell is going on?!  We got off. 

Ron was in an extremely bad mood all day, vile tempered, short, abusive, demanding, ugly, etc.  He kept telling me to work but there was nothing to do.  I finally filled out my health insurance check and mailed that, it made him happy.  I called it "a bill" because he goes ballistic when I mention my insurance.  As far as he's concerned, I should carry no insurance and "the hospital will take care of you".  I told him that only works if you are illegal. 

He finally occupied himself with sorting change for a while.

The workers must have just been paid today.  Everyone had a $20 and wanted change.  One guy was a regular.  I had to go to 3 machines total before I got enough ones to make change for him.  Then a woman came up. 

She is not a customer at all, not even occasional.  She only came to me because I was there and could presumably make change for her.  I told her I had already used up my change on the first guy. 

She asked again if I could make change, deep wet coughing, snorting mucus into her sinus cavity, wiping her nose on the back of her hand, coughing all over the money she extended to me.  You couldn't have paid me $500 to take that bill.   And she is not a customer. 

It is particularly frustrating because these guys get GOOD sick leave, and excellent medical.  But no, she had to come to work and share the germs. 

I put on my best sad face and told her I was sorry, but I really didn't have any change, I had given it to the other guy.   She said it was OK but I could tell she was a little peeved.  She left, taking her germs with her. 

Later I explained to Ron, and he agreed completely: I did the right thing.  We can't afford for me to get sick. 

The other vendor leaves a radio on in the stockroom.  It is impossible to get to the radio, the way they have it arranged.  It was playing love songs every time I got dragged in there to help Ron, and it drove me nuts.

We finished everything and left.  He had a bucket with $100 in nickels (it had a screw on lid, the Walmart pantry canisters are surprisingly robust), in a bag in his lap.  We were going to the bank. 

We had a good ride to the bank.  Until we got there and the armored truck was blocking the wheelchair ramp.  Our driver asked them to move up.  The security guard asked them to move up.  Nothing. 

We finally pulled into a parking spot and unloaded Ron.  Finally seeing a man in a wheelchair who actually needed the ramp, they pulled up.  But not before the young female occupant giggled and flirted with the security guard. 

Oh, come on. I had already had a long and difficult day.  I really didn't need mating games on top of it. 

We went into the bank, we were met by the manager.  I asked him if he could "have a word" with the armored car company as this has been an ongoing problem.  He said he would. 

Whether he does or not is anyone's guess, but I feel better for asking. 

We finished our business.  Ron decided he wanted to take a cab straight to the liquor store [facepalm], then Taco Bell, and home. 

I mentioned the vet was on the way and asked if we could stop by the vet to get the flea medicine.  Ron said yes, and gave me enough to cover the flea medicine.  I appreciated that because it would have been a third of my budget, and I still have to do my auto pays and buy groceries for 2 weeks. 

So we compromised, liquor store (he knows I won't get out or help), Taco Bell, vet, home. 

But when we got close to the liquor store I said "Why don't you drop me at the Taco Bell, and I can get them going while you 2 get the liquor?"  They couldn't argue with my logic so I was not a part of the liquor in any way. 

I know some of you will disagree, but it is very important to Ron that I condone the alcohol in some way, and opting out like I did meant I wouldn't be sucked into sick head games. 

I got dropped at Taco Bell.  The other one, near our home, is not well run or managed.  This one, the one time I went in, was fine.  I went in and ordered. 

The cab came back right before they gave me my food.  I guess I look like a "Heather", they didn't call my name, they just walked over and handed it to me. 

I called the vet, just to make sure they were open.  And they weren't.  Ron wanted to go anyway and they had a note up in the door. . We went home. 

The cab driver put the alcohol in the garage and I got Ron and the food in the house.  I ate and took my pills, then went to bed.  But, after about an hour he either "forgot" or thought he was "being quiet" and called an old school friend to pick at him. 

The friend thinks I am just the greatest thing in the world, and Ron is lucky to have me.  All of Ron's friends say that.  It really bugs Ron most times. 

This man is also a Christian.  Ron likes to give him a hard time over that, asking difficult questions, etc.  I don't think it's kind.  Ron is not a true seeker, he just wants to make everyone miserable in their faith. 

He goes on and on, attacking my faith, and then says 'Don't lose your faith or God will hold it against me" well, don't be a toxic cloud and I won't be in danger! 

I thought about getting up and saying something to him, but I was taking a nap.  I calculated getting up, talking to him, and then going back to bed.  The probability of going to sleep again.  Unlikely. 

I got up.  Torbie got up with me.  She had been laying on the heated mattress pad.  I pulled away the covers on half of the bed so the cats can sleep on the "warm".  She really enjoys it on her old bones. 

I went to the bathroom and got into position.  I gave a yank and the tampon came out.  Thank God.  I noticed very little spotting on it so the Wild Yam is working.  I would have had a lot more a month ago.  Especially considering the length of time it had to work. 

Ron went to bed and has been asleep for a while, I'm viewing it as a break.  Things are at a pretty sad state when I can have toxic, abusive Ron, or no Ron at all.  It's making me prefer my own company and want to avoid his. 

And that's a really sad state. 

At any rate, my lentils will not cook themselves so I'm going to do that.  He had planned to go out tonight but I said no. 

I have to get up at 4 AM tomorrow so I had better get going. 

No comments: