Tuesday, January 29, 2019

"The Service was Terrible"

I had a pretty manic morning.  I did a lot of looking up stuff on the Walmart website, for reference on what to buy later. 

I got Ron when the alarm went off and helped get him ready.  He wore sandals, I wore flip flops.  It got up to the 50's today so it wasn't bad. 

Our ride to Walmart was LATE.  And then we had to pick up a "spanish only" lady and her bilingual daughter.  It took forever because the woman was in a wheelchair.  Then we went to Walmart. 

All of us got unloaded.  The driver unloaded the old lady first even though Ron and I had a VERY limited amount of time.  I had about half an hour to make my deposit, shop, and check out.  Good luck with that! 

Ron threw himself on his sword "Don't worry about me, just get YOUR stuff".  I tried to find his burritos, bur they rearranged the damned freezers and I couldn't find them.  I did get some more quinoa, though. 

I did manage to get most of the stuff on my list.  I didn't get the cheese, or the cat treats, but I think we are OK on both. 

I did get the soda, beans, canned ham, ham flavoring powder (in the mexican foods section, if you can't beat 'em...), diced tomatoes, diced peppers, etc. 

I was racing around throwing stuff into the cart with abandon.  I was very happy to see they had the drink mix I like.  I was so excited I got 4. 

Last on the list, garbage bags.  I had to laugh to myself at the lost-looking, middle-aged man trying to figure out the garbage bags.  Clearly he was not used to buying them for himself, I guess the woman in his life (hopefully still in his life) did that. 

I got my "lavender" ones and went hunting for canisters.  I have an open bag, 5 pounds of rice.  I have it twisted and clipped shut but that is not a good long term storage.  I couldn't find what I wanted, the thing I wanted was not in stock and the other item was nearly $10, and might not have worked.  Forget that! 

I hunted around and found a short line.  I was thrilled to find J at the register.  He is a really good cashier and one of the FEW who does not get an attitude about my reusable bags.  He got me out of there quickly. 

I did manage to get Ron his jerky, and 48 AAA batteries.  He was happy. 

Our ride came early, good thing I finished when I did.  We had that driver 3 times today, as it turns out. 

We had a straight trip home.  I put almost everything away and tried to lay down.  I was still pretty wound up and had to take more headache pills before we went to the store.  I was running on way too much caffeine, according to my doctor. 

I did manage to get a little nap with Torbie.  She likes to lay in her house and put her paw on my hand.  We both enjoy that a lot.  She is so sweet.  I have to think God was holding her just for me, otherwise, how could all the adopters pass her up, for a month?  I don't get it.  The only thing that makes sense is that God wanted us together.  She is a great cat and I enjoy every minute. 

But, when she goes, I will not get another.  The other 2 don't do well with new cats. 

I got up and got ready to go to the Waffle House.  I had to get Ron up.  He didn't want to go. 

We had the same driver again, a straight trip.  We went to the Waffle House.  Ron got a grilled ham and cheese, which he said later was "too much".  Not the fault of the Waffle House, but I think his stomach has shrunk.  He gets all his calories from alcohol now. 

I had a "melt".  It featured a fried egg, bacon, cheese (good cheese), on grilled Texas Toast.  It was very good.  The same driver got us again and took us home. 

Ron told me to leave a tip, as we left (I never forget that!).  I told him no, loudly, and added "The service was terrible!  I'm not leaving a tip!" with a big grin.  The waiter laughed, I had already given him the tip (we were the only customers). 

I took out the garbage before I put Ron to bed.  Then I got the newly purchased black beans and took out a cup, sorted through, and soaked them.  I will pour off the soak water tomorrow.  I plan to cook them with some canned ham, ham seasoning, garlic, and black pepper.  Ron wanted them with ham, so ham he'll get.  Then add the rest of the ham at the end.  Ron likes mushy beans so I may use my bean masher.  Only in Texas would you find a bean masher. 

I bought a grapefruit today.  I love grapefruit, why am I not eating them?  I am going to look around and try to find one grapefruit spoon.  I don't need a set, just one. 

I still have a pretty good amount of energy (but I have taken my pills) so I will probably be up for a while yet. 

My experience with paratransit/Walmart today showed me the delivery option is probably going to be the best, if possible.  I will still need to go in for some things, like clothes, pharmacy, etc. but for the majority I plan to do it from home and just have it delivered.  No more rushing around trying to make my appointment time, or paying $$ for gas money or cabs.  I am happier to pay $ instead. 

Ron was happy to hear it, and encouraged me to put some cash into my account so I could do that.  I did, when I made my deposit. 

Off to hunt up grapefruit spoons. 

No comments: