Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Tuesday afternoon

It never rained. 

I tried taking a nap but couldn't sleep.  I finally got up and got back online.  I didn't watch much TV, they were doing "Criminal Minds" reruns and I find them too dark when I am already depressed. 

When I got an appetite, I ate a bowl of beef stew, it was pretty good.  Ron's right, it does need a little more salt, but I would rather not put enough, then put too much.  I ate it. 

The little red potatoes really made the stew.  They weren't cheap ($4) by my standards but they had a great texture and flavor.  I am glad I read that article about the brown potatoes being bad for stew. 

I took my pills and watched some Criminal Minds.  It started getting depressing so back on the computer. 

DING DONG.  What's that?  Our stuff from Amazon.  I found a large envelope on the porch.  I took out my stun gun and gave Ron his flash drives.  He wanted a couple, large memory, for storage.  I found some likely ones and ordered them.  They, and the stun gun, had one day shipping for a prime member. 

Now, I know I spend a lot more on Prime than I save, but it works to get my stuff fast when I order it.  Two of the drives have "certified frustration free packaging" - seem to be in some sort of cardboard envelope.  Ron should have an easy time getting it open. 

He asked me if he owed me money, he did not.  He had given me some money to put in my account and use that to pay for his stuff.  He still has, let me check: $12. 

You can have a lot of fun with $12 on Amazon, with free shipping. 

I was a little annoyed I forgot to buy my spices, but I will get them next time.  I want to use up the "old" spices first anyway. 

I cleaned up under the cabinet (the floor cabinet) and put my crock pot pieces together.  I had an older one I had lost, it is a little bigger, then I have the new one which is what I used. 

Last night I spent some time reading a crock pot cookbook.  I will have to try some of the recipes.  I find it very easy to use the crock pot since I got the liners. 

Around 6, I checked the mail.  Ron has been moping and moaning ever since he sent his talking book machine back to Austin for repair.  It had the bad headphone jack.  He called a few days ago and they said they didn't have it yet. 

I looked in the box, found a medical bill, some junk, and some moderately important papers.  I also found a key. 

I have a subdivision mail box.  It hold about 2 dozen mailboxes, stacked on each other.  Two large lockers are mounted on the side.  They can only be opened with a key, and once you insert the key it will not come out.  I opened the box. 

I knew it had to be Ron's because my order hasn't shipped yet from Swanson.  And, sure enough, it's a talking book shipping box.  I took it to Ron. 

I told him I had something for him I thought he had better check out.  He wanted to know what it was.  I told him I wasn't sure but figured he would sort it out.  He held out his hand and sighed. 

His face underwent a total change when he felt the box.  He began squealing and handed me some scissors to open the box.  That's when I realized they had sent us a different machine, I had taped the send-back in a distinctive way, this was done the way they normally ship them.  I cut the tape and handed it back to him.  He took it out and began playing with it. 

He has about 8 books to read so he will be busy for a while. 

My pills got me queasy again, my stomach is very irritated.  I think I will have some quinoa with my stew tomorrow night. 

I'm tired and it's pretty quiet, so I think I will go to bed early. 

By the way, I lost my cell phone for a while and couldn't find it.  Then I realized there was something under me and investigated, finding the phone!  I was sitting on it! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spices actually loose their flavor after about a year. I don't think I would like food without Italian herbs. I put it in stew, soups, on the bread I bake, the best of all flavors. I add quinoa to stews ( need to add more liquid) to add protein, thicken spaghetti sauce, great product. I also put wild rice or quinoa under the meat roasts, or pork strips in the crock pot (easy meal). Need some water added also, especially to wild rice (and it has to be put under the meat). Barley is another grain, that does well under meat, the juices flavor it. Love those crock pot liners too.
You are right...although I am a 24 hour caregiver to my spouse, he is the mechanic, the plumber, the electrician, that walks me through all kind of tasks...I couldn't manage with out him. If you haven't had an iron level drawn.. lighten up on the iron tablets. Very irritating to the stomach. Love ya and prayers.