Friday, January 11, 2019

The LAST time he takes me to the dentist

Well, he vomited last night, made some other noise.  I don't think he slept much. 

BECAUSE when the alarm went off to get dressed he kept hitting the snooze, when he could find it.  I told him I needed this ride and, quote "All you have to do it put on some pants and sit in the wheelchair". 

He screamed at me and called me names, but the adrenaline seems to have woken him up.  I can hear him dressing now. 

But this is the LAST time he takes me to the dentist.  As our story progresses, he has become more and more unreliable.  Like anyone, I hate depending on an unreliable person.  I thought it would be easy for him but apparently not. 

It is not that it's hard for him so much as he is so hungover and groggy from last night he doesn't want to get moving.  Well, I have gotten up MANY times, with minimal sleep, to help him run his business.  I just drank a lot of diet soda when I got there. 

I imagine he is going to make this as painful as possible, today. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes reading this is too triggery for me and as much as I love reading you all these years I know that you could and would be better off alone.

This is not normal or how anyone should live.

I will check back but for now it is breaking my heart!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, sounds like you should ask your aunt next time or call a cab.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately he is just a selfish man and this is not going to change anytime soon. More than likely it is just going to get worse and worse. You go with him to his medical appointments and such and never complain and yet when you need something this is the reaction you get. Screaming and verbal abuse is not acceptable. I am very sorry.

Maybe now you will reconsider the temporary paratransit pass for yourself so you can take these trips as needed. It is just not worth the $800 a month to deal with this crap from him. You can take phone orders from home and get paid $10.00 plus an hour and not have to deal with that (if you decided to leave him). You are already working 40 plus a week when you factor in the waiting around for paratransit and taking care of him, etc. Working 40 hours and not having to wait on him hand and foot and be screamed at ALL the time would feel like a friggin vacation for you (and the cats).

Heather Knits said...

Well, I'll see how he does tomorrow. Today seemed to be unusually bad for him.

Heather Knits said...

Definitely taking a cab next time. With stopping at 2 food places and waiting while they fixed Ron's burritos, it still only came to $24. Money well spent.

I save my aunt for the big crosstown trip to my doc every 3 months.