Monday, January 28, 2019

Same old argument

I started heating up the lentils and Ron decided he wanted to come drink in the kitchen.  He had some trouble word finding. 

I had a little learning curve with the rice pot but finally realized it was done.  I got Ron to eat some lentils and ham over rice, and dished some up for myself. 

But while this all happened Ron and I had a discussion.  He liked the lentils and ham.  The ham comes in a can.  It is very good, even Biscuit went after it.  It is cheap, and a great source of protein. 

I love lentils, easy to cook, good taste.  Rice is easy if you eat it right away. 

I have both on hand because I don't always have reliable transportation to the grocery store.  It's just smart to have some food on hand. 

Ron and I were talking.  He liked the meal and said we should buy the supplies for #6.  #6, who has been nothing but a thorn in our side and provided ZERO anything.  The welfare cheat.  The guy "married" to an illegal.  The guy who came over and told me he was taking MY driveway "because he needed it". 

No.  I told him absolutely not.  Ron said we would take him some food, along with a stern warning not to ask for more. 

Oh, yeah, we're going to show the guy we're a food bank and tell him not to come?  No way.  We had an argument. 

Ron felt it would be "kind" to #6, and that he would respect our boundaries.  I told him the guy has a proven track record of DISrespecting our boundaries. 

I think the final point for Ron was when I told him, right now the guy has very little food on hand, probably only enough for a week.  But he also assumes we have the same amount of food.  Let's not disrupt that. 

Let him assume we are also too dumb to prepare for bad times.  By the way, the government TELLS people to have extra food/water on hand. 

It went around and around for a while but Ron finally agreed.  Like I told him, 2 good brains over there, supposedly.  If they can drive, he works, make and raise babies, and cheat welfare, they can certainly plan to keep some extra food on hand. 

If things do get bad and he comes over, I will be wearing my fat pants, the ones that fall off of me.  I will ask HIM for food and that should be the end of it.  At least in a short term disaster. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ron is a complete moron and I really think he is becoming mildly retarded. He should learn to take care of his own house first and focus on his own issues and problems. Obviously #6 has money since he is doing renovations. There are food banks in Houston and churches they can go to if they need it. What exactly are you preparing for? Most people will starve to death if you are getting ready for some kind of economic collapse and god will do nothing to stop it. Just ask the people in the third world who are dying from lack of food and safe drinking water. They deal with death everyday and god does nothing.

Heather Knits said...

Well, Ron's "problem" is he has an overly tender heart. That's how we ended up with 3 of our cats. Ron felt bad for them and wanted to give them a home.

I prepare for short term disaster, mainly weather events, flooding, freeze, hurricane, stuff that will put our transportation down for a while. Even stuff like "Chuck's truck died so no trips to Walmart". Possible civil unrest for a while - that would also end our transport.

I have seen that, it is entirely possible. I have also seen that NO ONE (including #6!) has come to help us. It's going to be on me to "fix" it.

So I have some extra lentils and rice so I have something to eat. If the natural gas goes down I will be kind of screwed on how to cook them, though, but that's never happened yet.