Monday, January 14, 2019

Depressed and a Monday

I feel AWFUL.  I just moved my chair and Baby Girl came out.  I didn't know she was under there. 

She is very physically affectionate with Ron, but, with me, she is more prone to hang out nearby.  Never gets in my bed, just sits near me when I'm on the computer room.  The bedroom seems to belong to Torbie and Biscuit, but the computer room is Baby Girl's. 

I feel bad I made her move, but a look over my shoulder shows her in my doorway. 

I slept OK last night, no headache.  I took my shower and got Ron dressed.  It was cold out (30's) so I had him bring his coat. 

We have had issues with the coat.  He finds it impossible to zip, and, when I help, I get it jammed.  He needs to practice with it, I think.  Worst case we are generally not outside for long. 

We got picked up and went to work.  I had a huge tote bag with 24 bottles of Sprite.  It was heavy.  I got it on the vehicle on my own, I would never ask a driver for help.  Actually, when my shoulder went out over a year ago I asked for help occasionally but not that often. 

We stopped and picked up someone we know.  She is non verbal, in a wheelchair, clutching a baby toy.  She couldn't talk, just make vocalizations.  It was taxing.  I don't envy her caregivers.  There is always someone worse off. 

Some of the clients will get violent, I was just glad she wasn't one of those.  I remember one day I was chatting with a driver and a woman came up (she was slow), got in my face, started shouting "Don't you talk to my boyfriend!".  It took a while to calm her down.  I had given the driver some candy and he gave her a piece every couple minutes, as long as she was quiet. 

I just got off the phone.  I decided to bite the bullet and call my health insurer, change my primary.  The one they had for me was downtown.  When I need a doctor, I will probably be taking a cab and money is an object.  So they need to be pretty close. 

I got out my card, read the number (I need new glasses), dialed the number.  I was on hold for a minute or two before a man with a nice Indian accent came on.  Name was "Ian".  I venture the real name is more complex.  Anyway, he helped me find one.  I was hoping for someone at my local center, where Ron goes, but they couldn't do that.  They could, however, hook me up with a doctor 5 miles away.  I told them to do it.  They will be sending me a new card. 

The call was pretty painless.  I had to shout a few things into the phone, hit some numbers, but I did it.  It only took about 12 minutes.  Not bad.  What I have heard it could take a long time, but it didn't.  And the guy was nice. 

So, that's done. 

Back to my day.  We got to work.  It was pretty standard, filling vending machines, helping Ron fill vending machines (not in that order).  We did that until we finished, then we went home. 

Ron offended the driver by saying she parked in the "wrong" space.  It was a handicapped space.  We could load, that's all I cared about.  But Ron was upset she didn't do it the "other" way and said "It's not your fault you made a mistake". 

The driver drove angry all the way home.  But we got there in record time! 

I had taken one of my breakfast biscuits to work and eaten it when I had a minute.  Then I took my iron pill.  I can tell I am absorbing iron because I can taste it in my mouth.  I had my antidepressant with it.  I was pretty manic at work and put it to good use. 

By the time we got home, I was pretty depressed.  I took a nap, woke up with a vicious headache around 2.  I took something, got on the computer for a while, watched TV (so glad the cable/internet is autopay).  I called the vet and asked how much for a nail trim (possibly for Torbie) $15.  But when she got into bed with me she was so sweet, I don't want to put her through that, she will HATE it.  I don't want to make her suffer for my convenience. 

I don't need to do laundry, well, I need to wash my jeans, I will probably do that after I check the mail.  I have 2 pair so they will balance.  You would be surprised how fine the balance is in my washer.  It doesn't take much to have it thumping all over the place. 

I finished cleaning out the fridge, although the garbage can is about full.  I can't get much more in there. 

Garbage comes on Wednesday. 

I am soaking one crisper drawer in a dilute bleach solution (always use warm water, not hot or cold, better for sanitizing).  I want things fresh for my vegetables when they come.  Speaking of vegetables, I ate some of my celery.  My tooth performed well.  It's going to take some time to get used to it, but things will become automatic eventually. 

I worked up a list for Walmart.  Since I forgot to pay the electric bill, I'm going to take the bus over there tomorrow, I might even get my hair trimmed while I'm at it.  Get a haircut, pay the bill, get some things I meant to, but forgot to put on the list.   Ron said he would pay for a cab home. 

Ron lost his digital recorder.  He has a backup but wants another.  He uses it to record important things like when he took his pills, etc.  He gave me some money for my account, which I deposited.  Today I found him one by the same manufacturer, with an identical layout to his "old" recorder.  I ran it by him, he said get it.  A couple of clicks and it will arrive Wednesday.  Hopefully he will not lose the new one.  At $50 a pop that could get expensive. 

Not bad for a pretty bad depression.  The cats are awesome. 

Oh, and speaking of cats.  Ron was in the kitchen (up front) drinking, and I was in his room for some reason.  I looked out his window and saw that black and white cat I have mentioned.  It is sleek, plush, a little chubby, well groomed, and wearing a collar.  Obviously a pet.  It lifted a leg on our fence and I made an exclamation. 

Ron started freaking out, said it "sounded bad" and what was wrong.  I told him.  He wasn't impressed.  Biscuit ran out on the catio and the other two came to me for a little more attention than usual.  I think it wants to come in. 

I will not let that happen, I promised the cats.  It is their home and I will not mess it up by bringing in a stranger.  Especially not one that is clearly someone's pet. 

I wonder if it has run across the possum. 

No comments: