Friday, January 18, 2019

Big breakfast

I slept pretty well, no digestive issues or major headaches from the lentils.  I wasn't worried about the lentils so much as the spices. 

I got up, fed the cats, etc.  Ron woke up and ate some jerky. 

He went to the bathroom and I talked to him about bowel movements.  Then I took a shower and changed my tampon.  Happy to announce much less blood, still some, but not a whole lot like before.  I told Ron that, and told him I was taking Wild Yam Root which I attributed to helping.  I need to buy some more. 

I bought some plant protein shake mixes at Walmart.  I figured they would be pretty grim, but it was the only protein powder I could find without calcium.  I opened the Body Fortress one and had a scoop in water.  It looked innocent enough, but turned a disgusting brown when mixed.  It tasted like it was made from peas, but I managed to get it down.  It helped they put sugar in it. 

Iron is apparently not absorbed in the presence of calcium.  Most of my breakfast options do not work (like yesterday!  ugh!) or have cheese/dairy.  So I am happy I found a shake that works.  I can get that down every day, it has plenty of protein - 20 grams, some fiber, etc.  It costs about a dollar a serving but I can live with that. 

This whole health issue has got me thinking I really need to take top notch care of myself.  We are screwed if I am out of order.  So I need to take care of our best employee.  :) 

Then we're going to the bank.  Ron is putting most of it into his account, he doesn't want anything to bounce.  I can't blame him, although I do prefer to carry a little cash (for tips :p ). 

Ron is trying to give Baby Girl treats but she doesn't want them.  I guess she ate a big breakfast. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Ron is trying to give Baby Girl treats but she doesn't want them. I guess she ate a big breakfast."

I hope she is not sick.

Heather Knits said...

She came to him about 10 minutes later, demanding them.

Turns out she wants treats on her terms, not his. Not WITH Torbie, separate.