Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Wednesday after work

 I did a poll on the bus today going to work and the driver, and my buddy the slower guy, both agreed that the Greenspoint area is "worse" than the Acres Homes area so I will probably get it this weekend.  

I got to work OK.  I was wearing the Sketchers shoes I bought with extra padding, got them back in September and boy they crapped out today.  My feet are still killing me.  I put them in the "donate" pile at home.  

I did get an extra couple of months out of them by using the blue gel inserts so I bought 2 more pair of them today.  

I didn't buy much before work except some Diet Dew and some donuts.  I just got 2.  The difficult boss was off today so that was a load off.  I still worked hard, I always do.  At one point I was not happy with my thought process/attitude having pity parties and feeling sullen about working, I didn't express any of this but did take it to God.  I asked Him to help and He did.  I finished out the day strong.  

Now a while back I had cut through the men's shoe department and saw some nice looking shoes so I went over there after work and had a look.  I tried some on and found the $17 pair were the most comfortable, and that was after a long day on my feet in "bad" shoes, so I bought 2 pair along with the blue gel inserts.  That should hold me for a while.  The Sketchers work about 6-8 months so even if I only get a few months I will be happy. 

I bought easy low carb things like hard boiled eggs, cheese, lunch meat, pepperoni.  I can do a lot with that. I also got a gallon of milk and some keto bread as well. 

My friend (cab driver) said he could get me at 4 only so I hurried and got it all done. Then he ran a little late which I thought was funny.  

When I got home I put it all away and tried to take a nap, but couldn't. The cats are doing very well, I saw Cleo and Spotty grooming each other.  It makes me happy to see cats grooming each other. 

I had wanted to get a nice manual pedometer but boy they have gotten expensive.  I don't want a wrist mounted unit because sometimes I am pushing/pulling a cart and my arms aren't moving.  I also don't want another app on my phone.  Even Amazon didn't have anything below $10 so I will have to think about that. 

I have a decent amount of tracts so I need to decide if I want to get more.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: