Sunday, May 28, 2023

Sunday afternoon

 I am trying to make Bible Handouts a lifestyle and not just something I do now and then.  So I brought a couple dozen this morning. I had my cart: 


And my hat: 


I just missed one bus but the old man who had gotten off wanted a Bible, I set him up. The driver wanted 2 more Bibles in addition to the one I had in her bag of candy. I would say is culminated on my way home when a car load of Latinos stopped me, wanting 5 each English AND Spanish.  So I set them up.  The young black guy at the bus stop asked me what I was doing and I told him and gave him a Bible Promise Book (he didn't like the looks of the last New Testament and I probably made a mistake referring to it as the last one).  

That one I did because I came out of the grocery store, the driver saw me and didn't wait but bolted off down the street.  But because she did that I handed out 11 more. Not to mention the next driver was happy to get HER New Testament.  

Romans 8:28 said all things work for the good of those who love Him.  And even getting passed up worked for the possible salvation of at least 12 people. That was worth half an hour waiting in the heat, and I had a bench at least.  

I got my salad mix at Kroger.  Kroger did not have the 2 pound bags of Walnuts so that means my store gets the money instead. I went to the store near my home and they were out of the 5 pound bags of assorted candy with the chili in it, very popular with many,many, of my co workers. I go through a sandwich baggie of it every day I work. But they had a 10 pound bag so I pulled the trigger. I also bought a 10 pound bag of the regular pinata mix. I was glad I had my cart as I would hate to carry that all home. 

I came home, put it all away, and took a nap with the cats.  Spotty said goodnight to me and let me kiss him (he's a good boy), Biscuit got up and made me biscuits on my belly which was very nice, I always say "Ahhh, the massage" as he does it. It's very relaxing. Then he left maybe it is too hot for the cats to sleep with me (they love to sleep with me in the winter) and I still have the thermostat set at about 82. I didn't see Cleo but she was probably out in the yard.  

I could stand to do some housework but Dad reminded me even the Bible says we are supposed to take 1 day a week and do nothing. 

About the only other thing of note the hot candy lovers at work have been asking for more mango candy.  So I got a couple different cheap ones today and will see what they like the best. 

That's it for now.  Please pray for the recipients, that they be healthy and protected from demonic attacks, to have a will to open what they got and understand it.  Also protection and good health for me, the cats, and my home. 

Now I'm done.  

No comments: