Friday, May 26, 2023

Friday morning

 I thought the shoes were OK and they were,for a while,but my right heel is killing me now. It was bad enough I went ahead and bought some fancier insoles my lunch break. If those don't help I will need to go to the Sketchers store or Academy and buy some new Sketchers.  I guess that is what I get for being cheap.  

Work went OK.  We were short staffed but did alright.  My difficult boss worked until 8 PM last night and mentioned she is also working until 8 PM tonight. 

When I got home I found a box from Lifeway on the porch, a sponsor had sent an assortment of New Testaments, including a lot of Spanish, which I desperately need.  I will probably give some away on the way to work. 

Yesterday on the way to work I was led to give a man a Bible with some candy (all in a quart ziplock).  He said thank you and he had just gotten out of prison and talked a little about how kids today have no idea how bad it is in there.  I thought he could give talks at the schools to the 7-8 year old boys when they are still at an age to listen.  He was very polite and respectful. 

When I got to work my dear friend was very worried about me going to Greenspoint this weekend.  I tried to tell her about the ex-con.  I am already dealing with "tough" people but she wouldn't hear it.  I did tell her I would leave my wallet at home and only bring a little cash and my house keys when I did the handout (s).  I also noticed Imperial Valley @ Greens had a spot I might be able to use so I am thinking about that vs or in addition to the transit center.  I will have to pray. 

I actually slept OK which was fantastic. I just have to be very strict with caffeine. 

That's it for now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you think leaving your wallet at home will make any difference in your safety? Are you at least carrying your identification and medical insurance card somewhere with you?

Sorry about the shoes.

Heather Knits said...

Insurance card that is funny. Bus card has my name on it. Wallet has ID, credit cards, and debit so def. Leaving that home. Will bring some cash, bus card, snack and drinks.