Sunday, May 7, 2023

I got the candy but it wasn't easy

 I headed out only to realize it was raining, in contradiction to my weather forecast.  I was most unhappy. I got my jacket and went out anyway, wearing my Free Bibles hat, with the cart (because I was buying 10 pounds of candy).  

I got out to the stop and waited a while.  Another woman showed up, we chatted a little and she asked for a Bible.  I gave her a choice between "A big one or a little one" and had both out, showing her, when the bus passed us both up. I swore (Son of a B).  She had some choice things to say as well.  

After we railed a minute she came back and picked out a Bible (The Invitation New Testament it is nice and compact, aka "The Little One"). 

I was so mad at getting passed up in the rain I actually ran across the very busy street and got to the other bus stop.  When he came (a while) the driver was very nice and sympathetic. I gave him an Invitation too (also gave one to cashier and bus that brought me home) everyone loved them. 

The store was packed and everyone was acting like it was acid  rain coming down which made it very congested at the entrance.  I got in there and got some lunch meat, some sliced cheese (there's lunch for the week I already had keto bread and mayo), and the candy. 

I like to do nice little things when I go to the grocery store but if I tell you I don't get credit in Heaven.  So I will just leave it at that. 

I didn't buy anything off plan. That's it for now I am going to take a nap. 

No comments: